Brewer Fanatic

The OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THREAD!

dlk9s
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember going to bed one night in 1995 thinking the Brewers were gone. I woke up to find out Petak changed his vote, and now 13 years later, here we are!

Good point. I'm going to e-mail George tomorrow and thank him for being apart of this.

I was fortunate enough to be at the game and it was everything I always imagined and then some. We got out of our seats after the 5th inning and went for a walk around the concourse. Just looking to break away from all the bad vibes from the fans around us. The place was like a morgue at that point. We finally settled in a spot where we could see the field, a monitor with the Brewers game, and a monitor with the Mets game. Soon enough the Marlins got their first 2 runs. Then the Mets tied things up. Then Counsell tied things with a walk.

I kid you not, when I saw Wes Helms come up to pinch hit, I turned to my wife and said..."Wouldn't it be crazy if Wes Helms hit a home run and gave Florida the lead?" Moments later he did just that and before the ball even landed I had jumped about 10 feet in the air three times yelling through the concourse: "Wes Friggin Helms, Wes Friggin Helms!". I was high-fiving strangers running and jumping in the air. Repeat on Uggla's homer. Repeat on Braun's homer. And repeat on the double ball ball by CC. We went back to our seats after the Brewers victory and watched the Mets lose on the big video screen.

I gotta tell you when that ball by Church was caught the crowd went nuts, and confetti and streamers started pouring from the air. My wife captured some of it on video with our cell phone. When we get it uploaded I'll post some of it. Awesome experience. Thank you CC Sabathia, Ryan Braun, and Mark Attanasio!

I was at the 49ers Saints game in New Orleans and getting constant updates. As I was leaving the stadium in my 49ers jersey, I was getting razzed by all the Saints fans after a crappy football game, but I was in my own world, hearing over the phone and celebrating/cheering as the Brewers won and eventually as the Marlins closed it out. I'm sure I looked like a moron to everyone, but I don't care. The Brewers are in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#@W$R@!#$!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Wow! I still can't get enough highlights of the game. I only wish I could be in Milwaukee right now. I'm glad for the fans who weren't around during the 1982 season. I think you probably get a better idea of why people from that time still like to celebrate that season. Why that team is still so popular even though they didn't win the World Series. Take in everything you can today and as long as the season lasts. Hopefully it won't be another 26 years till they get back to the playoffs, but you never know so enjoy things now while you can. You will never forget these times.

I was a teenager in 1982 and I did really enjoy it and probably made the most of that time. Going downtown and celebrating with all the fans and after the World Series going to the stadium to celebrate with the team and other fans. If you get the chance to go to the celebration event tomorrow, go! The only bummer is that I am going to be working till night time on Wednesday, so I'm probably going to miss the entire game as I am almost sure it will end up being one of the day games. And will probably miss most of Thursdays game as well, if it's a day game. But, I was able to watch today's game and kept flipping back and forth between the Mets game and the Brewers game. And when I saw Helms was pinch hitting, a part of me thought wouldn't it be ironic if Helms hit a home run and of course he did.

Great day, great games, just happy they are finally back in the playoffs!!!!! And once again, I can't get enough highlights. I am going to have to go to all the local tv stations web sites, along with checking out the highlights people place here. Yes!!!!

The Schroder call on the DP was awesome.

I started crying when Braun hit the homer I will admit.

I will admit the same. I am also thrilled for Schroeder. I remember thinking how much I could hear the excitement in his voice back in August when the Brewers were playing so well and seemed destined to make the playoffs. He was obviously very excited today. I never understood the people who don't like him. I think he does a good job in the booth, demonstrates some knowledge and he is more than happy to let the fan come out. He is clearly a fan, has chosen to make his home here (the same place I gre up), wants nothing more for than the brewers to win, and has struggled through some really rough times. I am happy for him (as well as Ueker and Powell of course).

I still hate Wes Helms.
Thinking about this quote made me think of a different quote:

Harry Doyle: You know I used to hate Parkman when he was with the A's. It's amazing how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy.

[covers Mic[/i]]

Harry Doyle: He's still a (bleep).

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I'm so freaking excited!!!! I was watching the game with my family and my brother and I jumped on each other after the Braun homer and after the Mets lost. I ran outside, ran up and down the street highstepping. jumping and screaming. I was nervous all day and I haven't been so emotional in a while. I cried...I honestly did. My only regret is that right after the Mets game I had to drive for an hour and I couldn't share my joy with all of you sooner.

THE BREWERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!

I started crying when Braun hit the homer I will admit.

I cried too. I couldn't cry when Ryan Church flied out, but I cried when Braun homered. I'm happy for so many people -- for the long suffering, dedicated fans on this site, for Mark A., for Bob Uecker, Jim Powell, Rock, for Bud, and for Ned Yost, too. Winning 90 games was awesome, too.

I can't wait for Bob's call of the first playoff game since 1982. I can't wait to see the NLDS logo on the infield grass. I can't wait for the introductions of the Brewers and Phillies rosters on the baselines on Wednesday and Saturday, like on Opening Day. I can't wait to walk through the crisp autumn air, walking towards Miller Park for a playoff game.

What a season -- this feels great, but imagine what it'll feel like if we can make a run at a title!

Being at the game today was seriously one of the best experiences of my life. The atmosphere was crazy, the fans were all on the edges of their seats and it was crazy to sit and watch the end of the Mets game with 25,000 or so of my closest friends. The game ended before 3:30 and I didn't get home (on the East Side) until 6 pm. I mentioned this in another thread, but I literally took 600 pictures tonight. I didn't want to miss anything and I don't want to forget it. It was so amazing to watch the team celebrate on the field for literal hours after they had originally celebrated in the clubhouse. It would seem like the guys were tuckering out and suddenly someone new would be spraying beer and champagne.

I have a new love/respect for Seth McClung who looked the most like a kid in a candy store. He went down both sides of the stands throwing high fives and generally sharing the whole thing with the fans. He specifically thanked every

We bought tickets to this game on the first day single game tickets were available because we got all kinds of cool stuff after the last game last season - batting gloves and the like. We didn't walk away with anything extra but confetti in our pockets, but it was so much more fantastic.

No matter what happens now, today can never be taken away from me and I can't imagine what can/will top this.

I got a question, sorry if its already been asked.

If we move on the to the NLCS, and the Dodgers somehow upset the Cubs, who gets homefield in the NCLS? THe Dodgers cause the won their division? or us cause we have the better record?

We'd be the road team, record doesn't matter only our wild card status.

Finally!!!

Since I have never witnessed the brewers in the playoffs, it was extra special. We have heard for so many years that we have some young talent coming up through the minors and finally it has turned into a playoff birth.

What can you say about CC? I absolutely love him, and he will forever be in the fans hearts. He's our horse and he played huge for us down the stretch.

THANK YOU BREWERS!!!

Also a shout out to Melvin and Attanasio for all they have done to this team, but we aren't down yet.

Community Moderator

I've been a fan since 1996 when I was 10.

The 1982 talk doesn't mean much to me, my childhood memories aren't of Yount, Gorman, and Molitor, but instead of Jaha, Burnitz, and Vina. My hopes and dreams built up as Miller Park took shape in the backdrop of County Stadium. I remember the last game there and how exciting it was to move into the new place. The teams were horrible for awhile, but it's because Doug Melvin and Ned Yost never gave up on our young players that we made it here. It's been such a pleasure to watch this team as they were built--from Bill Hall's walk offs, Ben Sheets 18-K game, Rickie and Prince's first ML HR, Hart's standing ovation for a strikeout, Hardy's development from a .180 to a .280 hitter, and of course the big trades that we made this year to put the final pieces together. Even better is the fact that everyone contributed to the magical run this week. I wish I could have been there today, but I got to feel the atmosphere Friday night and I'm going to Game 3 on Saturday. I had to work today, but someone brought in a TV and we took a break to watch Braun's HR and the end of the Mets game. I had tears in my eyes after Braun's bomb--but after the Brewers won I was nervous again as the Mets game continued.

No matter what happens, we're all going to be telling our children about what they did this week. However, this is just the first step. We ended the playoff drought, but the season could still be over in 3 games. We've got the Phillies next, and it's not going to be easy, but now the goal is to get to the World Series. I don't think it's likely, but if they can ride this momentum wave and knock off the Phillies (with 2 CC starts), and get some help from the Dodgers, it could happen. A Brewers/Cubs NLCS would be insane. I just can't wait for all these potentially good moments that will be headed our way soon!!!

Part of me still doesn't believe it, even after watching the post-game celebration.

This is awesome. All of the pain, despair, and disappointment this season has brought was erased today in a succession of moments that were almost too fateful to be true.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived