Brewer Fanatic

The OMG WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS THREAD!

dlk9s
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all of you who aren't old enough to remember 1982...thanks for hanging in there, and congratulations!

To those of you who thought we'd be right back there in '83, thanks for not giving up on a franchise that for many years seemed as though it had given up on you.

Frigid conditions for so many April games at County Stadium.

A long, bitter fight to get Miller Park.

Years of horrible drafting.

Horrendous trades, which are too numerous to mention.

A 106-loss season.

Selling your best players for marginal prospects every July.

NONE OF IT MATTERS ANYMORE.

The Milwaukee Brewers have reached the post-season.

Enjoy it everyone!

Just got back from the game.

I'm selling inch squares of streamers and confetti for $5 each to you "fans" who didn't show up for whatever reason but years from now will still claim to have been there, lol.

Wait, this coming from the person who wrote this yesterday:

I fully expect them to lose by 4-6 runs tomorrow, with Sveum taking out CC early so he doesn't get hurt for his next team once they are losing by enough runs. And of course the Mets will win easily with Perez. This team has no heart and hasn't played a complete game well all month long, so there is no reason to believe that tomorrow will be any different. CC is overworked and can't do it alone.

For the record, I gave my tickets to someone who hadn't had a chance to go to a game all year. I wish I had been there, but enjoyed it online and on TV with Brewerfan.net Nation.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index.jsp#20080928

Those who have mlb tv or radio click the wtmj link and skip to 2:47 to hear...

"Alright here we go with Ryan Braun. The pitch to him. SWING AND A DRIVE! LEFT CENTER AND DEEP! GET UP, GET OUTTA HERE! GONE! FOR RYAAAN BRAUN! AND THEY'VE GOT THE LEAD! OHHH WHAT A SHOT BY BRAUN! ITS HIS 37TH OF THE YEAR!"

I remember going to bed one night in 1995 thinking the Brewers were gone. I woke up to find out Petak changed his vote, and now 13 years later, here we are!

Some people think that rock bottom for this franchise was the 56-106 season in 2002. That's not the case. This franchise needed 13 years to come from its depths in 1995, and the state legislature, Uecker sticking around, the Miller Park construction crew, the hiring of Dean Taylor and his staff, the hiring of Doug Melvin, Ned Yost brining professionalism back to the clubhouse, the players, a trade for the ages, and 3 million fans all needed to come together for us to sneak into the playoffs by 1 game.

What an amazing accomplishment!

I missed what Rock said because I was screaming toooo loud

I DVR'd the 9th and the post game, I didn't have a good feeling about the game so I was flipping back and forth between the Brewers and Packers, just like yesterday with the Badgers. I have a coaches meeting tonight but I could get the clip on YouTube later tonight.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I have been a Brewer fan my entire life. I have followed this team through the ups, and the many, many downs. I remember going to my first game at the age of 5, in 1982, and falling in love with a team, and a stadium. I remember listening to the Brewer game on Easter Sunday of 1987, with my whole family listening intently and cheering when our Rob Deer tied the game, and when our current manager hit the game winning homer. The names. Yount, Molitor, Cooper, Gantner, Ogilvie, Vuke, Fingers, no doubt. But Juan Nieves, Chris Bosio, Bill Wegman, Jeff Cirillo, Darryl Hamilton, Greg Vaughn, and many, many more. The heroes of my childhood, the guys I stayed up many, many summer nights listening to Bob Uecker and Pat Hughes call their names. I cried when Braun hit his homer this afternoon. It was a realization that very soon, I would be watching my team, the team I've followed through thick and thin, the team I've loved my entire life, the team I've followed no matter where I've lived, was going to be playing in the postseason. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be rewarded by this team, to have at least a few more games to watch them. I want them to make it to the world series, but for now, I'll bask in the joy and happiness of the moment and the celebration currently going on!

I'm selling inch squares of streamers and confetti for $5 each to you "fans" who didn't show up for whatever reason but years from now will still claim to have been there, lol.

I fully expect them to lose by 4-6 runs tomorrow, with Sveum taking out CC early so he doesn't get hurt for his next team once they are losing by enough runs. And of course the Mets will win easily with Perez. This team has no heart and hasn't played a complete game well all month long, so there is no reason to believe that tomorrow will be any different. CC is overworked and can't do it alone.

For the record, I gave my tickets to someone who hadn't had a chance to go to a game all year. I wish I had been there, but enjoyed it online and on TV with Brewerfan.net Nation.

Oh man, if I wasn't so happy right now, I'd be upset with that guy...

Um, and also posted this in the "Sheets Appreciation Thread" after Saturday's game:

Just got back from the game (yes, left after 6th and damn glad I did). Was very good to see Sheets get booed when he left the game. A frequently injured .500 pitcher who never came up big when it mattered. I hope the fans of his new team enjoy watching his skills deteriorate even more as he falls apart.

Wow. What a joker. He left after the 6th on Saturday, and calling out the people that weren't there today.

What an awesome day for all Brewer fans. I never thought they'd get there after this month, but they did it, and in spectacular fashion nonetheless. Who knows what can happen now with this momentum the team now has. Even if they don't do much in the playoffs, though, it's still been great to see them make it, and to listen to our announcers like Uecker, Powell and Rock celebrate along with us all. At worst, we all have three days to bask in the glow of this playoff birth. Life is good!

Best atmosphere ever.

Thought I might cry, but I didn't. I was coming close after the Braun HR. We were high-fiving Cubs fans, hugging strangers ... it was simply unforgettable. I can't believe we're going to the playoffs. 26 years ... kiss my butt.

Archived