Brewer Fanatic

Game #162 - Brewer Nation, how do you feel ?

AJAY

I am just curious what people are thinking heading into the possible finale on Sunday. Are you optimistic? Are you pessemistic? Is there anything you want to see Sveum do different for the final game?

What is the mood out there amongst the fans?

Are you nervous?

Excited?

Scared?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be completely honest I still expect this team to somehow fall short of making the playoffs whether that means losing tomorrow or Monday. I have no faith in this team because they have let me down too many times. If we dont make the playoffs this will be the most disappointing season ever for me.

I'm pessimistic by nature and no different when it comes to the Brewers right now. I'm afraid the Brewers are going to lose and the Mets are going to win tomorrow and the Brewers will fall one game short. I'd love to be wrong of course though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

I think today sealed the deal for me as well. I had planned on taking tomorrow off to watch the last game of the season, but I had the opportunity to work a 24 tomorrow come up so I took it. It will help me keep my mind off the team for at least a day. Of course I will DVR the game, and if they win I will watch it Monday, but the Packers will be on Sunday Ticket at the station tomorrow.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I don't have a good feeling, but I didn't have a good feeling Thursday or Friday or today either so take it for what it's worth. I'm afraid that C.C. is going to struggle starting so often on three days rest. If Marquis was starting tomorrow I'd be feeling a lot better, but I don't know what to expect with Guzman going. All in all, I realized last weekend that they aren't really a playoff-bound team so I'm not going to suffer too much if they fall short tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm going to be there--with Cubs fans that are friends of mine. You can imagine all the butterflies I have going through my stomach right now.

I am trying hard to remind myself that there is no relationship between what happens on Sunday and what happened over the last 26 years. However, despite my logic, it's still hard not to be accustomed to disappointment. I will admit that I am terrified more than excited.

I do want to see Corey Hart sit and maybe Gwynn or someone else get a start in rightfield. We just need a little spark and I think Gwynn has a better approach at this time. I am a big Corey Hart fan, but he just looks so lost right now and this is no time to hope he can figure it out.

As mentioned in the other thread, Solomon Torres needs some time off too (if it comes down to a save situation, go with Mota, McClung, or even Gagne).

I want to see Ryan Braun get vocal in the locker room and spread his confidence and swagger to everyone else. Finally, I want to see guys bunt whenever the thirdbaseman is playing so deep.

Yeah, I am nervous.

I'm really nervous about it too, but at the same time it feels good to have the chance to still make the playoffs. It's going to be real hard for me tomorrow though. I'll have to miss out on news of the first 2+ hours of the game because I'll be at the Superdome where for some reason no one cares about the Brewers.

I'm very optimistic about tomorrow but also scared to death (pessimistic, I suppose).

However, I'm looking at it like this: last year, it took the penultimate game (#161) for us to achieve a "goal" of ensuring a winning season. This year, it will take us to the finale (#162) for us to achieve a "goal" of at the least tying for a playoff spot. So, that means next year should be an automatic playoff berth, right?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It would be a nice change of pace to see the offense come out and score some runs early. The Cubs are running Guzman and his 7.09 ERA out there to start and Pinella has said it will be a bullpen game. CC is going to give up a few to a solid lineup on short rest, it would be nice if he could have some support behind him early for once. I agree with whoever posted possibly starting Gwynn for Hart. Not that I am a Gwynn fan at all, but aside from his two bloop hits on Friday, Hart has be absolutely horrible at the plate. I know it won't happen, but honestly it may be addition by subtraction giving him a day off. I am excited for the game and will be watching!

I'm putting my 2008 pessimism aside and am just going to try and enjoy the game (and #163 if it comes to that) for what it is: a shot at the playoffs. I'm not nervous or overly excited...in fact, I feel oddly detached, but in a good way. Tomorrow is going to be fun. I'll worry about the playoffs or 2009 on Monday.

I'm nervously optimistic. Regardless of what happens, it's been a heck of a ride and if we don't make the playoffs, at least the Brewers took it down to the 162 game. I'll be disappointed for the rest of the day, but it was better than being done by the end of July.

I will admit it, I am nervous as all heck. Today was their chance I'm afraid, and they blew it. There are a few things that really worry me about tomorrow. First of all, the Cubs have hit CC around better then any other team this year, and him going on short rest for the third straight time has me worried about that. I mentioned this in the in game thread today, and I will mention it again now, but, I would have just as soon see Lou start his B lineup tomorrow against CC and gone with the regulars today. That would have given me a lot more confidence.

I just want this so bad, as we all do. I worry the most that the guys will be pressing all day long and the bats will go silent one last time. Tomorrow would be the perfect day for the bats to wake up, and give us a snoozer early. That would help take the edge off for everyone. The worst that can happen is a one game playoff on Monday.

As worried as I am about the Brewers winning, I am even more worried the Mets will win. I am afraid that the terrific outing they got from Johan today will be enough to carry them through tomorrow.

That all being said, as agonizing as it would be to have to prolong the possible inevitable(no Brewers in the post season), I still would like their chances in a one game playoff on Monday. The Mets couldn't use Johan, or Pelfrey or Perez, they would almost HAVE to go with Niese. Is that a position you'd want to be in if you were a Mets fan?? The Brewers can and will throw Yovani on short rest(his arm is fresh) if it comes to that, so how can that NOT be in the Brewers favor??

The veterans on this team that have been here before(Cameron, Counsell, Kendall) need to be a calm, steadying influence tomorrow and help these kids get through this. I would like to see those three address the rest of the team before the game tomorrow. Maybe it would help the kids to calm down and just play ball. Let their talent take over.

This is what we have all wanted for the last 26 years, we are all just worried it will end in bitter disappointment. How can you help but feel any different?? We are Brewer fans after all.

I am a wreck. I have waited too long and I want the feeling of longing to leave my entire being. I have been all consumed...entrenched fear of failure. I still feel that way but at least this year, no, this last 6 days, have been fun. Finally in a pennant race and finally relevant. I look forward to this game more than any other game ever. That's not saying much because so are all of you. BUT, like all of you, we all know how much this means. It means so much.

If the Brewers get into the playoffs I will cry. A grown man will weep.

They have to do it. They just have to...

BrewCrewin that was a great post and really summed up my thoughts as well. I am excited about tomorrow as I was about today, but in a way that I haven't been all season. No matter what happens it has been a successful season, it has just been a weird type of successful. If this team had been more balanced throughout the season I think many here would think differently about this bunch, but this has been a team of very high ups and very low downs, which makes for an interesting ride. Anyway you look at it we will end up with the 3rd or 4th best record in the NL and at worst will miss the second best record by 3 games. I want them to win more than anything right now, but I will be the first to admit I have been a little to hard on the boys with my comments at moments and appreciate the season they have provided.

My feelings have been really strange. I'm calm when I watch the Brewers, pretty much no matter what happens. But when I sit down and watch Gameday rooting for the Cubs/Marlins, I get REALLY nervous. And throughout the season whenever the Brewers lost, I'd be ticked. But over the last couple weeks, it has totally changed. I am able to, strangely, take the losses better. But anyways, I just can't wait for tomorrow's game to get here.

On a side note, who is starting for the Cubs tomorrow? I've seen both Guzman and Zambrano. Anyone know for sure?

Archived