Brewer Fanatic

5/7/06 Brewers (Bush ?) @ Dodgers (Sele), 3:10 PM CST

Tell Wood and Prior that.

Not everyone is made of glass.

As far as pitching on three days rest being a huge deal, I just can't agree if it's a one time thing. I grew up watching Nolan Ryan do it, "bullpen" used to be an unknown word, and pitchers were doing it every postseason until a few years ago (see: Doug Drabek, Jack Morris, Greg Maddux, Orel Hershiser, etc., etc. Now count THEIR injuries). I'm saying the Brewers either 1.) knew Sheets was really hurting or 2.) were naive. There was a thread which read "Rumors of Sheets sore arm in Clubhouse." It all got denied, and then he gets scratched. Is it being suggested that this is a coincidence? Look at last year and what happened. The Brewers are either guilty of lying, denial, or ignorance. Choose your favorite explantion.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers are either guilty of lying, denial, or ignorance. Choose your favorite explantion.

I often find it very hard to make sound judgements on decisions made by the organization because they know a million times more about the situation and what they are doing than I ever can sitting here at my computer. I trust that the Brewers are doing what is the best for both Ben and the organization. Really, who are we to judge the competance of the organization staff based simply on our opinions, rumors, and sporadic news articles?

Really, who are we to judge the competance of the organization staff based simply on our opinions, rumors, and sporadic news articles?

The point is everyone knew something was wrong with Ben. The organization said their wasn't. Obviously there was and is. How did everyone else know? Anyone who watched the last game he pitched HAD to know. The clubhouse workers KNEW! (I ask very little, but I'm going to have to ask you to trust me on that one). At what point do you finally come to the conclusion that something is not right?

The clubhouse workers KNEW! (I ask very little, but I'm going to have to ask you to trust me on that one).

I doubt your "source" in the clubhouse even exists.

If he exists, have him get me tickets for the weekend homestand in two week. Preferibly behind home plate where the players wives sit.

Then I'll believe your "source."

Quote:
The clubhouse workers KNEW! (I ask very little, but I'm going to have to ask you to trust me on that one).

They were told to keep quiet because Sheets actually hurt his arm when he was involved in the Kennedy Assassination. He tripped and fell when he was leaving the grassy knoll and fell squarly on his shoulder. Either that or when he was holding the camera filming the fake moon landing.

Archived