Brewer Fanatic

5/7/06 Brewers (Bush ?) @ Dodgers (Sele), 3:10 PM CST

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Let me preemptively post a reminder that the IGT is *not* meant to be a play by play recap. You can get that information from MLB or ESPN.

So if your entire post consists of "RBI by Billy" or "jenks walks", don't bother posting it.

The idea is to offer reaction and analysis, not restating each play as it happens.

Man, I love that picture of Sheets after winning the gold medal.

I agree with Team Canada. Pure play by play can get a little annoying, although we don't really want an in game thread of "YESSSS!" and "GRRRRRRR! BRADY CLARK!" either (I myself am guilty of this), so it doesn't hurt to write what happened on the play you are commenting on.

Let's go get 'em today...It's a day game so the balls should be flying a little better, which is good news for Prince, Carlos, and Rickie who have watched some absolute bombs turn into fly ball outs on the warning track. (Uecker said that Prince's booming double yesterday would've been off the scoreboard at Miller Park).

Also, expect the Crew to have some fire in their belly. They wouldn't be human if the last two games don't have them frustrated as hell.

Here's to Ben Sheets pitching well and avoiding the sweep.

GO BREWERS!

Dave Bush is starting for the Brewers today. Sheets is out with right shoulder stiffness. Bush will pitch on 3 days rest.

What!? Did they say whether Sheets is missing this entire turn in the rotation or could he start on Tuesday?

I heared it on AM 620 and they said they got a e-mail from a trainer or someone like that, and they said Dave Bush will be starting on 3 days rest. So I don't know wether or not he will pitch next time.

shoulder stiffness, great this is how it starts. Oh no nothing was wrong with Ben last start he just didn't have his good stuff. Oh no Ben's not hurt, he just has a little shoulder stiffness.

One more thing. NO MORE STUPID SHIFT AGAINST NOMAR!!

Watching Ben pitch on Tuesday night, it was very very clear that he was not right. Anyone that believed that TV gun was dilusional because he was not throwing in the 94 range. He was throwing the ball about 88 tops. He couldnt blow his fastball by anybody. I believe Jim Powell's radar gun that said he never hit 90 all night over the TV gun because it was very obvious he wasn't throwing very hard.

What was even more concerning was the total lack of break on his curveball. It was breaking from about the letters to the belt and no more. He didn't look right.

In fact..I called my friend in the 2nd inning and told him Sheets doesn't look good....something's not right..at this point it was only 1-0. 6 runs later I got a return call that said "I guess you were right."

Hopefully it's nothing that requires surgery and we get the real ben sheets back before the all-star break.

Luckily this team scores enough runs and has enough young pitching prospects to make do for a couple months.

Quote:
There is nothing about Sheets not pitching on jsonline.

Jsonline doesn't really update anything during the day. You need to go to a website that updates their stuff hourly or by the minute. Espn, mlb.com, milwaukeebrewers.com, WTMJ radio, and even my yahoo fantasy league have Bush starting instead of Sheets.

Just got off the phone with a guy who works for the Brewers. He said he went to the trainer the day after Sheets got lit up and asked "What's the deal?" The response was "he's hurting....not good." My conversation just ended with him telling me, "Though I don't know yet; I wouldn't be surprised if it's 60 day D.L."

Man, I hope he's wrong.

I really don't know what the deal is. However, I do know 2 things 1.) The one guy I know who is friends with Sheets said "Uh oh" to me, and 2.) Last year, they strung along the idea that Sheets' would return "soon" upon getting an ear infection and didn't conclude that his season was done early when everyone knew it was. I don't trust their positive way of saying "It's under control. Nothing serious." They have cried wolf (or simply jumped to optimistic conclusions) too many times. Heck, four days ago Benny wasn't hurt at all; and now he's being scratched? Isn't it kind of obvious that something is rotten in Denmark?

The thing is, if they had known about this, why would they have planned to start Bush on 3 days rest? Seems stupid if they knew he was hurt.

Leads me to believe they didn't know.

The thing is, if they had known about this, why would they have planned to start Bush on 3 days rest? Seems stupid if they knew he was hurt.

If they are stone sober in their conviction to leave Jackson and Eveland in triple A for now, what choice did they have? I, for one, do not think pitching on 3 days rest is a big deal. EVERY picher was doing it until the 80s. You saw what Harang did vs. the Crew. What's the big deal with three days rest?

The big deal is that it doesn't work. Pitchers pitch poorly on three days rest. Yes if they spent the last 15 years pitching on 3 days rest there might not be a problem, but they haven't. The big qeustion someone should find out is if Bush didn't pitch on the side meaning they knew Sheets was not going already.

Archived