Brewer Fanatic

9/27/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sheets): 2:55 CDT on FOX

hawing
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Sveum is trying to save Bush so we don't have to have Yo go on three days rest in a possible one-game playoff. I agree with this, if that's what he's doing.
Well Bush was the only one warming up in the bullpen during Lilly's at bat.

So Dale = idiot

Russ will be happy to see the Brewers used a one inning reliever to finish the inning. lol

4 runs against the Cubs B-Squad and Bob Howry is not unsurmountable. We need to keep them scoreless from here, though.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I don't understand the claims of Ted Lilly not being that good. The guys got 180+ K's, 16 wins, an ERA slightly above 4.00, a BAA of .240 something, has a 3:1 K-BB ratio, and he's left-handed.

I'd take that any day. And these aren't even his sabermetric stats.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If they can't beat a stiff like Lilly, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Lilly would be the number 2 starter on the Brewers right now...

Not hardly, he'd be number #3 at best behind CC and Gallardo. They ripped Lilly around last year if I recall correctly.
I hardly think Gallardo is our #2 pitcher right "now". I mean he only pitched 4 innings.

One opening day starter in the lineup for the Cubs today. They saw 60 pitches through 3 innings. Every opening day starter in the lineup for the Brewers today. They saw 36 pitches through 3 innings.

Cubs reserves have seen 79 pitches through 4 innings. The Brewers starters will have seen around 45-50.

Despite the winnign streak, this offense had never really gotten together at all. Two walkoffs, and Rickie's virtual walkoff are really all that have kept this team alive. Not surprising at all that this team is struggling on offense. The good feeling of winning has masked the monthlong stench.

Well based on how this game is going it looks like Ned Yost will have to make a big decision tomorrow. Will he watch the Brewers game on TV or NASCAR. My feeling is that he will be switching between the two. and maybe head over to Hom Depot later in the day.

Well based on how this game is going it looks like Ned Yost will have to make a big decision to make tomorrow. Will he watch the Brewers game on TV or NASCAR. My feeling is that he will be switching between the two.

Picture in picture!

Archived