Brewer Fanatic

9/27/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sheets): 2:55 CDT on FOX

hawing
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that Ben Sheets being "gutsy" just might be what keeps the Brewers out of the playoffs. He should have stayed in the dugout.

And people wonder why players, especially pitchers don't play hurt. Well look what happens when they do.

Sheets does not belong on the playoff roster

I can agree with that, he obviously isn't healthy and one more week isn't going to change it. As soon as he hit the 180 IP or so range the odds of him finishing the season were extremely low. As mad as everyone here is at Sheets I'm twice as mad at Yost for the mismanagement of Sheets and Parra that has put us in this mess. So glad that guy is gone.

So are we going to pinch hit for DiFelice and then go to Bush? Why didn't they just bring in Coffey or someone and pinch hit for him?
I think Sveum is trying to save Bush so we don't have to have Yo go on three days rest in a possible one-game playoff. I agree with this, if that's what he's doing.

EDIT: I forgot that the pitcher is coming up in the bottom of the inning. I guess I would've liked to have seen a one inning pitcher in the 3rd, then.

Archived