Brewer Fanatic

9/27/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sheets): 2:55 CDT on FOX

hawing
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much you want to bet Lou brings in Wood for the 9th?? I will NEVER EVER respect Lou Piniella again after the way he has manged this game. You leave Marquis in you idiot, he's on your playoff roster as a reliever let him work out of it.

Um, don't they owe it to the Mets to try? Your reaction is completely over the top.

EXACTLY my point. Where was marmol in the 8th inning on thursday in a game they were winning?? Don't give me that wet field crap. The conditions were the same for both teams.

EXACTLY my point. Where was marmol in the 8th inning on thursday in a game they were winning?? Don't give me that wet field crap. The conditions were the same for both teams.

The wet field is completely valid. If I were a Cubs fan I'd be pissed as heck if they put in Marmol or Wood on a wet field like that in a game that is 'meaningless' to the team.

Brewcrewin07 wrote:

Logic fail.

When you're worried about players getting hurt and you don't need to win the game, that's completely different than just trying in general.

And the Mets needed to put their best players out there because they needed to win. The Cubs did not need to win, so Lou did not need to take any unnecessary risks.

You are seriously overreacting. Lou has earned the right to do whatever he wants with his team. Why on Earth would he keep Marquis in when the guy was pitching terribly? Brewers fans get up in arms the moment Yost/Sveum leaves a struggling pitcher in a batter too long. Lou still wants to win the game.

The stakes weren't the same for both teams though. The Cubs had zero to gain and a whole lot to lose if Marmol or Wood get hurt on a wet mound. No manager in his right mind would send his prized relievers out there in those conditions with nothing on the line for his club. You're being irrational and would probably be best served to step away from the computer and take a deep breath.

The stakes weren't the same for both teams though. The Cubs had zero to gain and a whole lot to lose if Marmol or Wood get hurt on a wet mound. No manager in his right mind would send his prized relievers out there in those conditions with nothing on the line for his club. You're being irrational and would probably be best served to step away from the computer and take a deep breath.

And the Cubs have alot to gain today right?? You can talk until your blue in the face. It isn't going to change the fact that Lou has taken this series more seriously. Does Florida have anything to gain?? It was raining all day today in NY yet they are playing their guys, with no reason to. The baseball gods will not take kindly to this crap by Lou and they will get their payback in the playoffs...trust me.

Piniella kept Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, and Edmonds on the bench. I don't know how much more he could have done for the Brewers. The bullpen use was perfectly valid. They needed a tuneup before the playoffs. I doubt the best bullpen guys will see the field tomorrow, so that gives them three days off before the the playoffs start. Any manager with a playoff spot locked up would do the same thing.

And the Cubs have alot to gain today right?? You can talk until your blue in the face. It isn't going to change the fact that Lou has taken this series more seriously. Does Florida have anything to gain?? It was raining all day today in NY yet they are playing their guys, with no reason to. The baseball gods will not take kindly to this crap by Lou and they will get their payback in the playoffs...trust me.

He's sending them out there to get there work in, stay sharp, and yes to uphold the integrity of the series. He managed the exact same way versus the Mets. Do yourself a favor and go for a walk or something. Don't be a whiner.

I don't know how much more he could have done for the Brewers. The bullpen use was perfectly valid. They needed a tuneup before the playoffs.

The bullpen could have also gotten their use in on Thursday just the same as today. If he does it in one series, he should do it in the other. Look, I don't care if he plays all his guys, and uses his best bullpen guys against the Brewers, if he does the same against the Mets. The bottom line is, Lou only gives a crap about the integrity of the WC race when it benefits his ball club, and truth be told deep down, I think he'd rather take his chances with the Mets in a possible NLCS then have to deal with CC and Gallardo.

Archived