Brewer Fanatic

Don't expect to see Hardy in the line-up tonight (hand injury) / Latest: will likely play (reply 83ish); tweak (reply 110ish)

GormanHarvey

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have heard from a source close the organization that JJ Hardy injured his hand last night during the celebration at home plate after Braun's walkoff and is most likely done for the season. I was not told many details; just that it is a hand injury and that he is most likely out for the season. I do not know if that means just the regular season or if it also means the post-season should we make it that far.

I am not trying to be some big newsbreaker here - just figured I would pass along what I heard from a reliable source. If you choose not to believe me, that's fine. Trust me, I don't want to believe it either. I am just saying keep your eyes and ears open. Please don't lambast me if you don't believe it. Like I said, I am just passing along what I was told, which is obviously not good news.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be curious to see what they decide to do. Obviously it would depend on if we are facing a righty or lefty, but tonight I would imagine Counsell will be a SS and possibly Lamb at 3rd? I thought I remembered hearing that Branyan wasn't available in the field. I hate to even imagine us without Hardy right now, but it would be interesting to see Escobar out there, thats for sure

I doubt they play Escobar. Counsell will get the call....................
I really hate that line of thought among MLB managers and coaches and don't agree with it at all. Yes, I know, the guy is a rookie and to put him in a pressure situation like this would be asking a lot. But, c'mon, can he really do much worse than Counsell? Why even have him on the bench at all?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
GormanHarvey = Scott Bartell?????
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

GormanHarvey = Scott Bartell?????
It would be nice if people would be given the benefit of the doubt when they get info. This wasn't an over-the-top attention grab, just passing info along. If we continue to accuse those who have that info, chances are we will stop receiving it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My post was a joke. I thought that was sort of obvious - I guess not. It was not a dig at GormanHarvey in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I appreciated the way he/she presented his nugget of info.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think it's pretty obvious that GormanHarvey's master plan all along has been to build up trust with over 1000 posts and then dupe us all with a bogus story about J.J. Hardy getting hurt before the last 3 games of the season. Well played, GormanHarvey, but I'm not that gullible :-)
I would never do that. I live and die with the Brewers and was as devastated to hear this news as anyone. I guess we will all find out tonight.

I hope they come up with a different way to celebrate walk-offs...I've often thought that grown men jumping on each other in such a close proximity is just asking for someone to get hurt.

If this makes Counsell our starting SS, our team just got a lot worse.

This bites if true. How the hell do you hurt your hand doing something like that? I could see taking a knee to the junk or something, but you would almost have to fall down and get stepped on to hurt your hand, right?

I second Escobar, at least against lefties (though I'm sure it'll be Hall). He can't be worse than C.C. playing every day.

"Just give it to Escobar for the next 3 games and see how he handles the pressure?"

I'd be more concerned with how he handles probably not having the offensive skills yet to compete at the major league level. He had a decent line in AA this year (.328/.363 /.434/.797) ut he isn't going to hit .328 here quite yet, IMO.

I've often thought that grown men jumping on each other in such a close proximity is just asking for someone to get hurt.

Yeah, it's like a bench clearing brawl with their own teammates. The last two days, I was thinking "take it easy, don't hurt Prince/Braun" when they went crazy after the walkoffs.

Archived