Brewer Fanatic

5/9/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Hensley) 9:05 CST

I'd take my chances with JJ hitting with the bases loaded and one out than having Miller run on a chopper to the infield.

Once it became obvious that it was over the pitchers head, I can't imagine any position where a fielder could have fielded it and gone home.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

El Caballo pulled out the ol' 3-iron on that one and golfed it right out. You gotta have a lot of muscle to hit one out here on a pitch like that. Who thought Petco could hold Carlos? I did. I'm glad I was wrong.

Roberts took one in the grill on that one too pretty hard. Who said baseball wasn't a contact sport?

I'm in love with Carlos Lee.

BTW, seems to be an inordinate amount of solo shots for him this year. Is that the fault of the 1-2-3 hitters? Is Carlos only getting the homers when the pressure's off and the bases are empty? Is it just coincidence? Or is it a mis-perception by me?

I guess I'd be curious to compare Carlos' number of solo homers to others who've hit 12 or more home runs this year. Not sure where to pull up that info.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Roberts ran hard into the fence and got a little shaken up. He's staying in the game though....why do I get the feeling he'll come back to bite us in the butt with a game winning single in the ninth now. Not trying to be a pessemist but that's just the way things go for us on the west coast.

Archived