Brewer Fanatic

5/9/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Hensley) 9:05 CST

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I don't know why Damian didn't score there.

Why run with your slowest runner when there are no out?

Can't believe the intentional walk around Weeks to pitch to JJ worked.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote:
I swear to god, every time Daron says he "feels one", we hit into a double play. Shut up!!

And how often does Daron say "(insert Brewer pitcher name here) has held opposing batters to 2 for 31 with RISP" and next pitch the guy gets a hit.

Who cares if I'm superstitious! Knock it off Daron!

While James, a oportunistic and clutch hitter, is what Hardy strives to be, Jerry often rears his ugly head early in the season. Jerry is a lazy hitter who commonly grounds into double plays at the worst possible moments.. I hate Jerry.

Quote:
I think your question got answered.

I'd take my chances with JJ hitting with the bases loaded and one out than having Miller run on a chopper to the infield.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Bonds just got semi-robbed by Juan Pierre in CF. Pierre had his glove about 6 inches above the wall. It didn't look like a real tough play, but it probably would have been #714 if the Cubs had chosen not to use a CF today.

Quote:
Intentionally walking Rickie Weeks was, at best, incredibly bizarre.

I wouldn't go that far. The only reason I was surprised is because Rickie strikes out a lot. Otherwise you've got a ground ball pitcher on the mound and a hitter in Hardy who seems to hit a pop up or ground ball whenever he doesn't get a hit. Good move by Bochy, IMO.

Oh and on Miller's baserunning decision....it was a tough play because it was a comebacker that went right over the pitcher's glove. If he was going on contact and the pitcher snags it, we're all whining about how stupid the "run on contact" play is because he would have been out by a mile.

Bottom line is Hardy didn't get the job done. No excuse in that situation...you've got to find a way to get that run in. So if we're blaming anyone, I'm blaming JJ.

Archived