Brewer Fanatic

5/9/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Hensley) 9:05 CST

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Tom Haudricourt:

First baseman Prince Fielder, who left the game Sunday in Los Angeles with what was described as groin tightness, is not in the starting lineup tonight for the opener of a three-game series in San Diego.

Manager Ned Yost said it was mainly a precautionary move when he took Fielder out of the game Sunday. He indicated Fielder would be OK to play against the Padres but Yost went with veteran infielder Jeff Cirillo at first base in the series opener.

"He is day to day with tightness in his right groin," said club media relations director Mike Vassallo.

The Brewers, who were swept in three games in Los Angeles, are facing the hottest team in the majors. The Padres have won 10 consecutive games.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said:

Todd Walker MAY be MAKING A RUN at it.

D-Lee got hurt two weeks ago. Here is Walker's line in the last two weeks.

13 games

11-47 (.234)

0 HR

1 R

1 RBI

.308 OBP

.277 SLG

.585 OPS

Cirillo doesn't need any power to top that.

Verified Member

I would like to see some stolen bases tonight off piazza, but lets keep it just with weeks if he gets on base. otherwise i forsee a flury of posts that go something like this:

"stay put brady"

"no brady"

Milwaukee San Diego --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 1 8 .277 LF Roberts, Dave 0 8 .275 SS Hardy, JJ 5 14 .263 CF Cameron, Mike 1 7 .263 RF Jenkins, Geoff 5 15 .280 RF Giles, Brian 2 18 .287 LF Lee, Carlos 14 27 .288 C Piazza, Mike 3 7 .231 3B Koskie, Corey 2 7 .291 3B Castilla, Vinny 1 9 .242 1B Cirillo, Jeff 0 3 .333 SS Greene, Khalil 6 21 .227 C Miller, Damian 2 14 .316 2B Barfield, Josh 3 9 .276 CF Clark, Brady 1 8 .216 1B Gonzalez, Adrian 1 13 .224 P Davis, Doug (2-2, 5.35) P Hensley, Clay (1-2, 4.28) 

I don't get it. This was a perfect opprtunity to get Koskie AND Hall in the lineup if you just have Koskie play first. They would rather have Koskie and Cirillo? Ah well, how about a multi-hit game Jeff? It's not like he hasn't paid his dues.

eh - I like Jeff Cirillo, just not as someone who gets meaningful at bats. Having Corey Hart would be nice, but I honestly dont even know if Melvin/Yost are even considering him as a potential back up 1b.

okay... so i'm blacked out here from MLB.TV... i thought i could deal with this, but i can't... i'm a paying customer, i have to be at work, i have no tv here with which to watch the game on and i certainly cant just leave and go to the game..

if anyone with MLB.TV who isn't blacked out would be willing to share for tonight, that would be awesome.

Hart can be called up and sent down an unlimited number of times this season. The only rule is that he can't be called up for I think 10 days after he is sent down, unless he's replacing someone put on the DL. I'd call him up for the 3-4 days until Eveland needs to be activated, as insurance at 1b.

Well, not particularly thrilling for a lineup. Getting Hall out there somewhere would have been a bonus. Cirillo will probably pleasantly surprise us. And no, let's not have Brady run. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the one person Piazza could throw out is Brady Clark.

Archived