Brewer Fanatic

5/9/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Hensley) 9:05 CST

Quote:
There's no justification for letting your best reliver rot on the bench so he can compile meaningless saves. Just mindless,"follow the leader" mentality.

Their lineup that inning was Greene, Barfield, Gonzolez. I see plenty of justification not wasting your best pitcher on them.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Koskie delivers and Turnbow gets to pitch. I am a happy man.

3 outs is 3 outs.

Except when the save situation doesn't materialize and your best reliever never pitches. Sometimes you need to be a bit flexible, IMO.

I really don't understand why this is that big of a deal. Either you have to trust someone to get you to the next inning, or you use Turnbow and then trust that another guy can close it out. 3 outs is 3 outs.

personally, i don't see it that way. in a tie game, all it takes is giving up one run and that's it. game over.

however, if we hold them with our best pitcher and score a few runs, the guy pitching with the lead now has a little more leeway, and even if he gives up the lead and the opposition ties it, you still have a chance to keep playing and get the win.

Probably the hottest girl I knowwalked into my room as Lee doubled. So I had to keep glancing at the computer as I stared at her, but I couldn't hold back my happiness.

Are you kidding me? That is like heaven.

Their lineup that inning was Greene, Barfield, Gonzolez. I see plenty of justification not wasting your best pitcher on them.

what about the other day, when DEMARIA was called upon in a tie game to face the heart of the dodgers order, and turnbow was never heard from.

it's just a personal preference i guess. i'd like to see the closer used in the crucial late inning situation, save opp. or not. i'd rather count on the less reliable reliever when we might have a couple run lead.

looks like saving turnbow is working out well tonight though. i'll be very happy if we get this win.

Archived