Brewer Fanatic

5/9/06 Brewers (Davis) @ Padres (Hensley) 9:05 CST

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since my MLB.TV will be blacked out, i'll be listening on the radio at work... It's always interesting to get an outsiders perspective on your team... Yesterday they were talking pretty highly of us here in san diego, but lost all credibility when they said, "That one guy, Cliff Lee, hit one a mile off Lawrence here at Petco"

If we can just get some good pitching this series should be ours.. Then again, it seems like every time we come out west, 6, 7, and 8 hitters play like Hall of Famers.... and not ours.

The Prince still raking

even despite aching groin

Goes yard, like Cliff Lee

put Hall in center

need speed in petco, but please

no more mays catches

Cappy on the mound

hope we win but i must go

one hour late for class

Hate to say, but if you rely on milwaukeebrewers.com, Capuano-Park is the matchup for Wednesday 5/10.

Both milwaukeebrewers.com and ESPN indicate that tonight's matchup pits Doug Davis (2-2, 5.35) against Clay Hensley (1-2, 4.28 ).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Also, anyone know if prince is playing for sure? Actually... now that I think about it, the lineups aren't out yet.

Edit:

Looked at the rotation and it seems like it's Davis, unless they did a flip-flop... Davis pitched on the 4th, while Bush on the 3rd.

I think the next two games could be very winnable. We need to get some runs early, and we should be ok. Hopefully they day off helped everyone get a breath and now they are ready to go out and hit the way we know they can. Lets get the first two, and see how Thursday goes. We can still salvage this road trip!

Well last time Yost played Cirillo at first he had like three hits.

Not to look ahead, but if Sheets is able to throw on Thursday there will be an awesome Sheets-Peavy match-up.

I like the thought of Davis on the mound tonight. He's been picking it up lately. Hopefully his slow start was just that, a slow start.

Now if Clark would pick it up, Sheets would be not injured and our bullpen would stop leaking runs like a sieve, we could be in good shape. :)

Not to look ahead, but if Sheets is able to throw on Thursday there will be an awesome Sheets-Peavy match-up.

Or another awesomely bad performance from our ace right before his arm falls off.

I get the feeling that the Brewers break that streak of theirs tonight.

After all, the Dodgers were slumping (0-whatever in their last few games) and we gave them a pickup, and the Cubs were doing okay and we kicked them into what became an eight-game skid.

Hopefully we do that to the Padres. I don't want to see two consecutive sweeps.

I would rather play a team with a 9 game winning streak than a team with a 5 game losing streak. Which is more likely to end? The Crew needs to win 2 of these games to make the trip not so awful. I think it is possible.

yes, that's right. It is Princes Birthday today... If there isn't a thread started on the main page by the time i get to work, i will certainly make one.

By the way....

At first glance, Peavey vs. Sheets is an awesome matchup.. but given the current circumstances, there are many images that pop into my head when i think about how that game might turn out.. and "awesome" doesn't describe a single one of them....

I love these west coast night games. There's usually nothing worth watching late at night, and by the time the Brewers game is over, I can see what else happened around the league.

Plus, after the lady goes to bed, so I can watch the rest of the game by myself, along with the rest of you who hang out in the IGT.

Davis is 2-0 and .73 era last 2 starts

The Padres should be licking their chops right now. With the 2 exceptions being Giles and Greene, the rest of the team owns Doug Davis.

Only 5 or 6 Brewers have faced Hensley, and only 1 AB each. No hits. Obviously, we don't know what to expect in that regard. But, the way the stats look vs Davis, the Brewers bats may need to be hot. Then again, these things change like the wind.

Archived