Brewer Fanatic

9/26/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Community Moderator

Just back from the game...

Definitely the MOST FUN I've ever had at a Brewers game, and I've been to hundreds.

Coming into the game, a Brewers fan had a pair of goats on a leash outside the stadium. It was quite funny and people were going and petting them for good luck. For the first few innings, the atmosphere was really tense--I've never felt it like that before. After we took the 2-1 lead, things started to get loud, and the place just exploded after Rickie's bomb. I had it in the back of my mind that he might go deep, but I dismissed it and was hoping that he would draw a walk. McClung may as well have been CC Sabathia--he's not much smaller than him anyway. After the game, "Lets Go Brewers" chants echoed off the rafters in the concourses and stairwells like never before. It was great to see the looks on the Cubs' fans faces--they weren't upset, but just kind of in awe at the craziness--I don't think they had ever seen anything like it either.

I really hope they wrap it up tomorrow, but with Santana going for the Mets, they're going to need some help. I can't even imagine what a playoff game would be like--and it could be a week from tomorrow at Miller Park.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just back from the game...

Definitely the MOST FUN I've ever had at a Brewers game, and I've been to hundreds.

Coming into the game, a Brewers fan had a pair of goats on a leash outside the stadium. It was quite funny and people were going and petting them for good luck. For the first few innings, the atmosphere was really tense--I've never felt it like that before. After we took the 2-1 lead, things started to get loud, and the place just exploded after Rickie's bomb. I had it in the back of my mind that he might go deep, but I dismissed it and was hoping that he would draw a walk. McClung may as well have been CC Sabathia--he's not much smaller than him anyway. After the game, "Lets Go Brewers" chants echoed off the rafters in the concourses and stairwells like never before. It was great to see the looks on the Cubs' fans faces--they weren't upset, but just kind of in awe at the craziness--I don't think they had ever seen anything like it either.

I really hope they wrap it up tomorrow, but with Santana going for the Mets, they're going to need some help. I can't even imagine what a playoff game would be like--and it could be a week from tomorrow at Miller Park.

I was at the game too. Your description was perfect. It was absolutely electric. It's worth mentioning how nuts the place went when the final score of the Mets game was displayed on the scoreboard. I also saw quite a few fights between Brewers fans and Cubs fans. . . . with alcohol obviously being a factor. Not only were the Cubs fans silenced, but they were clearly outnumbered and had nothing at stake. It didn't feel like Wrigley North tonight.

Awesome description oswbc.

For those wondering what the meeting on the mound was about in the 9th inning, McClung gave a detailed and hilarious interview which described it.

"He asked me how I felt," said McClung. "I said, 'Fine. Now if you get out of my way, I can do my job. I don't know if he heard it but I know I definitely said it."
Link

Community Moderator
I also saw quite a few fights between Brewers fans and Cubs fans. . . . with alcohol obviously being a factor.
Yep, we had a group of Cubs fans show up next to us very, very drunk in the 2nd inning. They were loud at first, but after the Brewers got going, they just sat and observed the craziness like the other Cubs fans there. It looked like there was some sort of major altercation in Terrace Box Section 420 or 421--somebody got tackled by a few police officers and taken away. I didn't see what happened or if it was a Brewers or a Cubs fan. I just hope everyone made it home safely.

The idea tomorrow could be the day hasn't sunk in yet. I don't think it will until after it happens.

For those wondering what the meeting on the mound was about in the 9th inning, McClung gave a detailed and hilarious interview which described it.

"He asked me how I felt," said McClung. "I said, 'Fine. Now if you get out of my way, I can do my job. I don't know if he heard it but I know I definitely said it."
Link

Seth McBigBoy, king of awesomeness. Amazing stuff.

Seth McClung I will never, ever forget the pitching performance you put on for 4 innings last night. My God that was something special.

And Suppan, you came to pitch tonight I tip my hat to you.

That goes double for you Mr. Weeks. I have been very hard you Rick and Jeff but last night they brought it all when it mattered most.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived