Brewer Fanatic

9/26/08 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008season/pitchers926.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/standingsscoreboard1.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/brewersnews1.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/gamepreview1.jpg
Sportsline.com Preview
MLB.com Preview
Brewers Press Pass

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/mediacoverage1.jpg
TV: FSN Wisconsin
Radio: 620 WTMJ (Brewers Radio Network)
Internet: Live Boxscore, MLB Gameday 2008, ESPN Gamecast
Sportsline Gamecenter

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/fansites1.jpg
NorthSideBaseball.com
InsideTheIvy.com

BEAT THE CUBS, MARLINS BEAT THE METS!!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dale stated that he was glad that he didn't need to use McClung in tonight's game. Hopefully this means Soup will be on a very short leash.

Yes, I'm sure Suppan will be on an extremely short leash. It sounds like the Cubs will be playing their AAA club again, so hopefully Soup can get it turned around.

Jeff, lets be blunt. You've sucked this month. There is no debating that.

However, this is exactly the type of game that Mark A. got that gleam in his eye and broke the bank to sign you for. Our biggest rival comes to our park, we just need to handle our business first and foremost. If the Marlins give us help, great. Keep our offense within striking distance. That's all we ask.

Offense, take some pitches. Dempster will be on a pitch count, so don't go crazy with the swinging at first pitch everything approach so he can pitch 7 innings on an 85 pitch pitch count. We saw how ineffective the likes of Kevin Hart, Bob Howry, Neal Cotts, and Chad Gaudin can be. The bullpen is your friend.

Most importantly, win! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Well, I'm coming home from school in La Crosse this weekend to go to the three games, making me miss Oktoberfest festivities; so this better be all I've dreamed of the last decade as a brewer fan!

We have a chance to do something incredible these next three days, let's not blow it!

Pray for a AAA lineup and a 75 pitch limit for dempster. Oh and Suppan lowering his 10+ ERA in September too, that'll help.

GO BREWERS!!!

And so my short stint as a Cubs fan comes to an end. Let's never have to do that again.

I don't think I have to say this is a must win. Every game is a must win now. Suppan needs to step it up. This is the exact situation we signed him for. Hopefully there isn't too many Cubs fans there and lets hope they don't get much to cheer about either. We've come too far to lose this now.

I really can't imagine us sweeping the Cubs even against their AAA squad. They are loose, want to play the Mets and hate us. I can picture 2 out of 3 but on paper tonight's game just seems unwinnable. We still haven't been hitting very well either so I'm a little worried.

That said, I've been wrong before. Let's hope it is delicious mushroom barley soup today.

Formerly Andersoc420

Yep, this is why we signed him. For BIG GAMES! He has to rise up and be that man tonight. We really really need to get this game to keep the momentum and keep the pressure on NY. Get this first one and then we just need 1 of 2 (of the next 2) I believe. Man, what a night!

We need the Suppan of last September and we need to get to Dempster early. We don't even need to score a ton of runs we just need to run up that pitch count because that bullpen has been shaky (the Mets blew so many chances). If Dempster comes out at 75 pitches like Lou had said he would that is 5 15 pitch innings. I would like our chances as long as Soup can keep the Cubs backups from putting up big numbers.

I am terrified beyond belief for tonights game. A part of me think we don't have a prayer and a part of me thinks Dempster might not really be in the game since it is essentially pointless. DeRosa won't be playing tonight and I hope at least 2 more regulars sit. (Preferably Ramirez and Soto)

If we win this game I will be extremely confident in our chance of making the playoffs. The Mets and Phils will not play tonight in all likelihood so a Brewers win would put some additional pressure on them. Can you imagine the Mets getting rained out today and tommorrow and the Brewers win today and tommorrow thereby forcing the Mets to essentially sweep a double header Sunday? With their bullpen I would like our chances.

Nothing would make me happier than the Brewer offense giving Cub fans plenty of reasons to start worrying about their game 1 playoff starter...please score some runs early, we all know Suppan needs all the help he can get. Above all else, just win!

I'm guessing we get the Cubs' forfeit lineup tonight since they traveled last night and still have some starters nursing minor injuries, but they'll probably throw in a few more regulars...I'm also betting that the Cubs actually use their good relievers this series - I don't remember seeing Marmol much at all against the Mets. Both Z and Harden have been less than stellar over their past two outings, if Dempster lays an egg their feared pitching staff starts looking even more beatable.

After watching their game last night, is anyone else with me in hoping DLee starts over Hoffpair?

Hey guys we helped a little. By splitting the 4 games, we show no favoritism. NO manager in our situation would have played any regulars on a rainy night like last night.

But this is the way it should be. You guys have to do it yourselves. You're going to see Dempster (but probably no more than 6 innings), Lilly (ditto), and a yet to be named pitcher (probably Marshall maybe Marquis). You'll see a few guys out of the lineup each day (DeRosa is out for the series). This is exactly what the Mets saw.

Give it your best shot and good luck.

While I hope we win regardless I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Henry Blanco - C

Casey McGehee - 3rd

Daryle Ward - 1st

Theriot - SS

Fontenot - 2nd

Felix Pie - CF

Reed Johnson - RF

Hoffpauier - LF

Yes I have Henry Blanco leading off. That being said, Suppan would still give up 6 runs

Just my guess at what Piniella throws out there tonight:

C - Blanco

1B - Lee

2B - Fontenot

SS - Theriot

3B - Ramirez

LF - Soriano

CF - Edmonds

RF - Fukudome

Hill caught last night, and I'd expect Lou to continue resting Soto, maybe giving him a PH chance or something to keep him sharp. Lee and Ramirez back in just to get them some AB's, but they could be replaced later on by Hauffpauir and McGehee. Fontenot in at 2nd because DeRosa and Cedeno are down, Soriano back in left with Edmonds starting against the righty and Fukudome pretty much just providing defense in right. Not the lineup you'd see if we were playing them in the middle of a nor'easter, but at least there's a few seemingly easy (or at least easier) outs in there, especially once the subs start coming in.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived