Brewer Fanatic

Gagne Gives Away 5,000 Tickets to Tonight's Game

jflick1215
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a thread on this in Trading Post, too...

I already had tickets, but tried for someone else here at work. She got through and got Terrace Box 437, Row 2.

God, I just have nothing but respect for Gagne, especially after something like this. The guy has been the number one most booed and harassed Brewer this season and his quote just says it all. He could be sitting back, raking in his $10 mil and ticking off the days til he's out of here. Between this and the $25/Brewers strikeout, I couldn't have more respect for what a class act he is.

It makes me happy to know that guys like Gagne , Suppan and Cameron are the veterans in our clubhouse teaching our younger guys what it means to be a responsible community member.

I just really take pride in the fact that we don't have any punks on our team - from top to bottom, I'm proud to be a fan of such a classy organization.

I was able to get three tickets. I had intended on taking my wife and daughter to the game but Mary seems to think that since this is a school night we'd need to leave quite early thus making it no fun for me.

Therefore, she suggested I try to find two people to go with me.

If you wanna hang out with me for a game, I have two seats available in section 206. First one of ya to lemmie know can come along with me. I'd hope someone could drive, but if not, I can.

Perhaps a small tailgate in the parking lot?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

My friend and I were discussing at the game Tuesday night about how much Gagne actually does for the community, this is really insanely cool for a guy who has been given such a hard time by the fans. Class act on Gagne's part.

I can't find a link to it at the moment, but he and Suppan had each donated something like $20,000 earlier this year to rebuild flooded little league parks in the area as well.

5,000 GAGNE TICKETS GONE IN 20 MINUTES

APPROXIMATELY 2,000 SEATS REMAIN IN OTHER SEATING AREAS FOR TONIGHT

MILWAUKEE - Only 20 minutes after being made available to the public, all 5,000 seats purchased by Eric Gagne for tonight's game were gone.

"The response to Eric's offer was overwhelming," said Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations Rick Schlesinger. "We appreciate what Eric did for the fans and know that this will create a terrific atmosphere for tonight's important game."

As of 4 p.m., approximately 2,000 seats remain for sale in various seating categories for tonight's 7:05 p.m. game against the Pirates.

Tickets may be purchased at the Miller Park Box Office, by phone at 414-902-4000 or online at brewers.com.

#30#

I was able to get three tickets. I had intended on taking my wife and daughter to the game but Mary seems to think that since this is a school night we'd need to leave quite early thus making it no fun for me.

Therefore, she suggested I try to find two people to go with me.

If you wanna hang out with me for a game, I have two seats available in section 206. First one of ya to lemmie know can come along with me. I'd hope someone could drive, but if not, I can.

Perhaps a small tailgate in the parking lot?

I'll go if you don't mind picking me up in Eau Clairehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

If you wanna hang out with me for a game, I have two seats available in section 206. First one of ya to lemmie know can come along with me.
I tried for a while to get two' date=' but ended up getting the message saying that amount of tickets wasn't available, so I tried for one just to see, but got the same message... looks like FSN-WI for me...[/quote']

Not trying to play matchmaker, but Jamie can't really be that bad of a guy... the powers that be put him in charge of public relations (and he was just the focus of that recent news story) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Yikes. I can't say anything else without getting a strike.
OK?
I don't want to speak for cubsdie, but I believe he was saying that for all that Gagne has been through with the fans booing him he still has enough class to buy tickets to help create a great stadium tonight and you go rip on him for being a class act...i may be wrong and Cubsdie can correct me if I am

He received very modest cheers, IMO. It was embarassing.

I heard a considerable number of boos, but more cheers. Would've been nice if there were more cheers. I do think there was a section of people on the first level down in the left field corner who chanted "Thank You Gagne" but it was tough to make out from where I was.

First, thanks to Jamie for letting me hang out with him tonight, I'd be so mad at myself for not having gone tonight. It was a great time hanging out with Jamie, we'll do it again sometime.

As for Gagne, I don't think most people noticed he came in at first. I think he got a pretty decent cheering at the end of the inning, and I didn't notice any worthwhile booing of him at least. I for one love my new best friend Eric Gagne.

Archived