Brewer Fanatic

5/10/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Padres (Park), 9:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Just for the record, that was NOT a catch by in right field. So instead of having no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd, there are two outs and nobody on.

And to add insult to injury, Koskie slaps a single with two outs.

Definitely not the Brewers night.

I'm not sure which stadium I hate more, Minute Maid or Petco.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.. it is great when this is considered a "bad" outing.. of course they need to change the quality start rules for Petco to be 8 innings less than 2 runs..

I mean Chan Ho Park is throwing a shutout.. i need to break out my wool socks since something must be freezing over..

Getting shut out for the 4th time this season already would be unacceptable as well.

I hate to bring up the "Fire Wynegar" ideas again, but this inconsistency is just embarrassing. I'd much rather have an offense that put up 5-6 runs most nights than one that can put up 12 on any given night and then get shutout the next by any given scrub. Sometimes you have to look past how many runs we are actually scoring and look at the efficiency of these runs.

Think about it.. going from pitching in the Ballpark in Arlington to Petco must be like going to dinner for the first time at your girlfriend's parents only to find out her dad is Hugh Hefner and dinner is at the Playboy mansion.

I'd much rather have an offense that put up 5-6 runs most nights than one that can put up 12 on any given night and then get shutout the next by any given scrub. Sometimes you have to look past how many runs we are actually scoring and look at the efficiency of these runs.

Obviously.

When we have runners in scoring position, who do you truly believe can get those runs in??? I can't think of more than 2, maybe 3 guys. The inconsistency of certain players and poor 2 strike approaches are driving me insane. Weeks and Hardy are really struggling as of late. We're really going to miss Damian Miller's bat.

Community Moderator

Think about it.. going from pitching in the Ballpark in Arlington to Petco must be like going to dinner for the first time at your girlfriend's parents only to find out her dad is Hugh Hefner and dinner is at the Playboy mansion.

Apparently it's odd yet clever analogy night here in the IGT...

Getting shut out for the 4th time this season already would be unacceptable as well

I agree that is frustrating but you can kind of expect it with such a young team..

On the positive side they are second in the NL in batting and first in home runs and Clark, Hardy, Jenkins, and Weeks have not gotten hot yet..

I was going to add Moeller in there but I wanted to be taken seriously.

Since I was already going off on Moeller don't you think Ned has to start him on Pink Bat Day?

I mean if a player ever fit a promotion..

And yes I think it is a great promotion and while the reason for it is serious the potential jokes are endless.

Wow, JDLR throwing strikes is like going to a party and girls willingly flashing you.

(OK, those aren't remotely close on the awesome scale, but you get my point.)

(And no, I've never been to a party like that, but the thought is what keeps me going every day.)

Archived