Brewer Fanatic

5/10/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Padres (Park), 9:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

So anybody remember the movive Little Big League where the kid inherits the twins and becomes the manager. And he thinks his hero is starting to play well until he is reminded that if you get excited on a seeing eye single that probably means it is time for change.

That is where I am at with Brady... people mention Weeks and Hardy.. the difference is second year players 22 years old get better.. veteran role players in their 30's do not.. (unless you have Barry Bonds doctor)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate, absolutely hate walks, especially ones that put a runner in scoring position.

Cappy is pitching pretty effectively as usual, so far, but seems to be lacking his usual control today.

This is not the Capuano I'm used to. Single, walk, double, single to the pitcher is not what I like to see.

I'm hoping for a pick-off or a GIDP here.

Edit: run-scoring single. That's good, too. Great. Come on Cappy, we really need to win this game.

It's the PADRES!! They're in the NL West, officially the worst division in the history of ever.

This is really what is keeping Cappy from being a good pitcher to an elite pitcher... it is the tendency to start to nibble and not go right at each hitter... I can't think of an elite pitcher in the last 10 years outside of Tom Glavine that nibbles..

When he goes after hitters he gives up the occasional home run but is so much effective.

Plus considering he is pitching in Yellowstone tonight and his name is not the Wild Thing he probably can get away with throwing it underhand.

Since it looks like we will see the Brewers bullpen shortly is there anybody who believe Sarfate can't be more effective than Lehr or Fernandez? He is only throwing a no-hitter tonight for Nashville.

Community Moderator

Collossal, idiotic, moronic mistake there. He could clearly see that that play wasn't going to beat the runner at 2nd and had all the time in the world to get the runner at first.

Really, really stupid.

Wow, according to Gameday, Bellhorn just gave us a huge break there, they had that pitch as easily Ball 4 high. Was it really that high?

Would be 4-0 if he took it and possibly even more damage.

3-0 is not insurmountable...come on, bats....

Quote:
Since it looks like we will see the Brewers bullpen shortly is there anybody who believe Sarfate can't be more effective than Lehr or Fernandez? He is only throwing a no-hitter tonight for Nashville.

All the while walking 4 and hitting 3 batters. He's put on 7 in 6 innings with no hits given up.

Archived