Brewer Fanatic

5/10/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Padres (Park), 9:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Chris Capuano (4-2, 2.63)

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/09/13/tjQ6eEGa.jpg

Capuano had an uncharacteristic outing in LA on May 5, giving up 3 runs on 10 hits and getting the no-decision

vs.

Chan Ho Park (1-1, 4.12)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/images/050824padres-park.jpg

Park threw nine shutout innings but got a no-decision in the Padres' 11-inning win over the Cubs on Friday -- ROTOWIRE

Game Preview:

MLB.com

Media Coverage:

TV: FSN North

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Internet: MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com GameCast

Splits:

Chris Capuano vs. San Diego Hitters

Chan Ho Park vs. Milwaukee Hitters

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers need to win this series tonight. Tomorrow will be no cake walk with the Hendrickson vs Peavey matchup. Get it done tonight.

There's not much history between these pitchers and the opposing batters:

Brewers vs Chan Ho Park

Geoff Jenkins: .350 avg (7 for 20) with 3 HR

Jeff Cirillo: .250 (9 for 36) with 2 HR

Damian Miller: .158 avg (3 for 19)

No other Brewers player has more than 5 AB vs Park

Padres vs Chris Capuano

Vinny Castilla has the most ABs vs Cappy. He is 3 for 11 (.273)

Brian Giles is 2 for 6

Mike Cameron is 3 for 5 with 2 HR

There are more people still posting in last nights thread than in this one...

In order to rescue this road trip, we need to win tonight. We have a shot tomorrow, but we have a great chance tonight..

i'll be heading on down to the game.. I'm gonna pick up a five dollar "park pass" and just settle in somewhere. After all the cash i spent going to the dodges series, i feel obligated to do that.

Chan Ho Park is 6-0 with a 2.36 ERA against Milwaukee. The Brewers haven't faced him since 2001 when he was with LA, and yes, the Brewers are a better team now. But for his career he's had more success against Milwaukee than any other opponent.

Starting Lineups:

Milwaukee San Diego --------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 1 8 .267 LF Young, Eric 0 4 .216 SS Hall, Bill 7 15 .306 CF Cameron, Mike 1 7 .246 RF Jenkins, Geoff 5 15 .277 RF Giles, Brian 2 18 .277 LF Lee, Carlos 15 28 .293 1B Bellhorn, Mark 2 11 .246 1B Fielder, Prince 5 18 .333 SS Greene, Khalil 7 24 .239 3B Koskie, Corey 2 8 .297 3B Castilla, Vinny 1 9 .243 C Miller, Damian 2 16 .313 2B Barfield, Josh 3 9 .267 CF Clark, Brady 1 8 .218 C Bard, Josh 0 0 .000 P Capuano, Chris (4-2, 2.63) P Park, Chan Ho (1-1, 4.12) 

I agree, my patience is beginning to run really thin with Brady. Ned cannot sacrifice the development of his young talent for Brady. Stop sitting JJ and Rickie and just put Billy in center. Brady is nothing but a 4th OF at best and a PH off the bench, IMO.

I feel like they keep running Brady out there to give him every chance of getting out of his slump. That way they can flip him at the trade deadline, or move him back into the leadoff spot. Neither Clark or Weeks has done well in the leadoff slot consistently this year, and I am to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing Jenkins in the leadoff slot. He takes some awkward hacks, but has been working the count .

That right there is why Rickie is leading off. He may be miscast a bit in the role but he has a high OBP and can steal a base when he gets on. I don't think that is where he should be batting a year from now but for now I think it is the best spot for the club for him to hit.

Archived