Brewer Fanatic

Potential wild card tiebreaker game @ Mets

Blunt36
OK, I know the Mets did win the coin flip for home field in the event of a tiebreaker game, but have any details about the potential game been announced? Do we know what day it would be (I assume 9/29), and game time or at least if it would be a day or night game?

It'll certainly be a night game -- last year's was, and MLB wouldn't want to waste any audience.

I suspect it'll be 6-7 pm CT on TBS on Monday night, assuming the Mets play all of their games this week. This will get sticky if it's necessary for the White Sox to play their makeup game against the Tigers on Monday, though.

To heck with this. Win the WC outright.

Seriously, it would be unfair to make the Brewers play an afternoon game on Monday, given the logistics of travel involved. Not that that would make a difference to the MLB honchos.

I have a suspicion weather will truly create havoc with the schedule for end of the regular season AND the playoofsf

Community Moderator
What if the Mets end Sunday night 1/2 game ahead or behind the Brewers with a make-up game to play on Monday? Would the Mets have to play a doubleheader on Monday against the Cubs or Marlins during the day and the Brewers at night if they finish the season tied? Or, would the tiebreaker be moved to Tuesday?

another interesting scenario is the MIL-PHI-NYM three way tie...

Mets would go to Philly for game #163 on Monday.

Brewers would then go to either stadium for the NL Easter's game #164 on Tuesday.

Having the NLDS start on Wednesday is the only hang-up, but we could be playing one banged up foe.

Meh. Win it outright and get CC and Kendall some rest.

Archived