Brewer Fanatic

9/25/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT (Will tonight be a sellout? Come on Brewers Fans! & Yovani Gallardo appreciation thread)

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who the hell IBB's a guy to get to Beltran? Dumb
Force at every base, Delgado having a better year than Beltran.

I don't blame Lou for benching everyone, playing in that rain obviously increases the risk of an injury.

I hear ya but they should just try to get the out. My opinion.

Mets win.....thanks for using your best bullpen guys Lou. At least Fredi Gonzalez understands the integrity of the game and has said he will use his regulars all series. You wanna talk about a possible death blow tonight. This is scary. A tie is not what I was hoping for after tonight's results, because of Lou deciding he wants to laugh in the face of the game of baseball.
I seriously doubt Piniella is insulting the integrity of the game. It was a getaway game, the conditions were horrible (if you want to be mad about something, be mad about the fact they never stopped the game despite the fact it was pouring from about the 7th inning on), and he's not going to risk injury to his best players when he still has the playoffs to worry about. Fredi Gonzalez doesn't have to worry about that because his team is eliminated from playoff contention. Piniella's first responsibility is to give the Cubs the best chance to win the playoffs, not bail out a Brewers team that spent most of September digging themselves into this hole.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Thank you, Lou Pinella for screwing us over and using your garbage players.
First off, I believe Lou said he would be playing a similar line up tomorrow. Secondly, why in the world would any manager play their starters in those conditions when a playoff spot was wrapped up? If the Brewers were in that position, fans would want the manager's head if he played the starters.
Not if the integrity of the playoff race was in the balance like this is. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things, and Lou did them the wrong way. He didn't use marmol at all in the 8th in the last two games, but what do you want to bet he runs him out there against the crew??

Not if the integrity of the playoff race was in the balance like this is. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things, and Lou did them the wrong way. He didn't use marmol at all in the 8th in the last two games, but what do you want to bet he runs him out there against the crew??
I guess I agree with Lou. I respect the integrity of the playoff race, but my team's goal is still to win the World Series. I could care less about the integrity of the game if it put my players at a higher risk of injury. I'm sure if it's pouring during a game in Milwaukee, he will do the same thing.

If we lose this game I'd classify the Brewers chances of making the playoffs as very minimal. In a bush league move Lou supposedly isn't going to rest as many players against the Brewers as he did against the Mets. A 1-game deficit with the top team in the national league coming to a town where they've dominated does not provide a positive outlook.

If we lose this game I'd classify the Brewers chances of making the playoffs as very minimal. In a bush league move Lou supposedly isn't going to rest as many players against the Brewers as he did against the Mets. A 1-game deficit with the top team in the national league coming to a town where they've dominated does not provide a positive outlook.
I doubt it will be raining in Miller Park like it was in NY. You're completely ignoring that aspect of the situation.

Archived