Brewer Fanatic

9/25/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT (Will tonight be a sellout? Come on Brewers Fans! & Yovani Gallardo appreciation thread)

wOOgiE22
As an example Hall bunting against a righty doesn't bother me one little bit which is the one people complained about last night.

People were complaining about that because the Pirates pitcher threw 8 straight balls. We wanted to see if the pitcher could actually throw a strike before commiting to the bunt.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Davey Lopes was fired and his replacement, Royster, publically proclaimed that the Brewers were going to be aggressive on the basepaths and make things happen?

This is exactly the same thing.

But apparently it's winning baseball to make Weeks swing at a high fastball and make hart run, whether or not he got a good job or not.

And why the HELL do you bring in your long reliever in when he bats the next inning? Bring in a 1 inning reliever, so you can pinch hit for him right away.

This isn't rocket science.

More bad managing by Sveum. I realize that Villanueva's coming in to pitch, and the primary role of the hitter will be bunting, but I doubt he's the best on the team. We have a surplus of position players at our disposal....why not just utilize them in that situation? Then if they fail on the first two strikes on bunt attempts, they at least have hope to still come through with a base hit.

Remember when Davey Lopes was fired and his replacement, Royster, publically proclaimed that the Brewers were going to be aggressive on the basepaths and make things happen? etc...

For the love God please change your avatar. It's been too long.

edit..unless it's your wife and not WSP.

Remember when Davey Lopes was fired and his replacement, Royster, publically proclaimed that the Brewers were going to be aggressive on the basepaths and make things happen? etc...

For the love God please change your avatar. It's been too long.
co-sign.

figuring out a way to win this game may mean the difference of (if it comes to that) CC getting to pitch twice in the NLDS.

the Pirates are Major Leaguers with a lot of pride; I know this is a trap game that they'll go down fighting for. 1 - 14 is hard to swallow.

Archived