Brewer Fanatic

9/25/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT (Will tonight be a sellout? Come on Brewers Fans! & Yovani Gallardo appreciation thread)

wOOgiE22
It would really be a shame if we didn't have at least 40,000 tonight. I was at last night's game and there were empty green seats all over the place. It was very strange watching and listening to people root for the Cubs too. After the game in the parking lot, everybody was going nuts because the Cubs took the lead in the 10th.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let you guys know, there is a massive rain system moving into New York tonight. And that Bud apparently urged the Mets to start tonights game with the Cubs earlier but they refused and are sticking with the game time as is.

I call BS on New York because they would love for the game to be rescheduled for Monday. Get a day off to stop the slide and miss Harden so you guys see him Friday. They know it would be an entirely different cubs team Monday than they would see tonight.

This was something Selig needed to enforce, not recommend.

All well, here is hoping the game still gets squeezed in, though its looking bleaker and bleaker

I call BS on New York because they would love for the game to be rescheduled for Monday. Get a day off to stop the slide and miss Harden so you guys see him Friday. They know it would be an entirely different cubs team Monday than they would see tonight.
I am a firm beleiver that you upset the baseball Gods when you try to manipulate situations like this too much. I am not going to conclude that what you describe is ultimatley their objective, but if it is, when you try to get too cute or clever, I think you ultimatley end up hurting yourself. Short of getting Santana on the mound for one more start, which this seemingly would not do (I suppose in the unlikley event of 3 days lost to rain, and a 163rd game, its possible), all this does is take the focus off of what is ultimately important - winning your next game.

Because that offensive lineup was so dynamic yesterday...Ugh. Let's hope it doesn't matter. I really, really want a blowout, not for the teams sake, but for all of the fans sake that are living and dying with each pitch!! A nice 12-3 win would go a long way.

I don't think we'll have to worry about the Monday Cubs/Mets scenario because it certainly seems that they will get atleast 5 innings in tonight/ I suppose if the Mets are losing in the 4th inning the Mets might get pretty insistent that the game get called for the safety of the players.

But as for the Brewers game, I am feeling confident in a blow out tonight. Let Gallardo pitch in a playoff atmosphere without the pressure of a tight game. Would Gallardo be available at all in the bullpen Saturday or Sunday if need be?

I still don't understand why Weeks and his .446 OBP in September isn't leading off or at least in the 2 spot, but Cameron (.226 - Sept OBP) and Hall (.244 - Sept OBP) are up there.

They want two veterans in the 1 and 2 spots. Yeah great.

But those two veterans are your two worst hitters in September. I don't get it, but whatever.

Anyway...

GO CREW!!!

No kidding. I was there on Tuesday, and it made for a real late night, since I live in Fort Atkinson.

You'd think more people from the actual Milwaukee area would attend games...

I am kicking myself that I didn't go to those last two games. I even had two tickets that we didn't use in our 20-game pack that I could have exchanged. Just never got around to it.

But I'm going to each of the last three games, so I'm fine with that.

I don't recall Yovani hitting 95 on the gun before.....and ironically he's doing it after only being 4-5 months removed from a torn ACL. His command is as good as ever. Yovani is a bulldog as a competitor and just has a great understanding how to pitch, so you had to figure he would have been fine even if he didn't have his best stuff.

Remember when posters here were saying it was unrealistic that he could return to the team even for the playoffs in a relief role? Pitching isn't a very athletic activity fellas.

I don't recall Yovani hitting 95 on the gun before.....and ironically he's doing it after only being 4-5 months removed from a torn ACL. His command is as good as ever. Yovani is a bulldog as a competitor and just has a great understanding how to pitch, so you had to figure he would have been fine even if he didn't have his best stuff.

Remember when posters here were saying it was unrealistic that he could return to the team even for the playoffs in a relief role? Pitching isn't a very athletic activity fellas.

B-Man,

You're right, pitching isn't a very athletic activity until somebody drops a bunt down and he has to stop on a dime with that knee or cover first base and risk running into someone again...(knock on wood) hope that doesn't happen tonight!!!

Archived