Brewer Fanatic

9/25/08 Pirates (Duke) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT (Will tonight be a sellout? Come on Brewers Fans! & Yovani Gallardo appreciation thread)

wOOgiE22

Okay, I'm going to dive into the world of "hypothetical" here. Let's say that we got into the playoffs, Yo was good to start and stretched his arm out to throw 100+ pitches by the NLCS. We have CC, Sheets, and Gallardo pitching in our rotation, and we go on to win the World Series.

The irony is that we would look back at Gallardo's injury and note that if it weren't for Gallardo getting hurt, we never would have traded for CC, and never would have had the 3 headed monster that took us all the way.

We would look back and say that if Gallardo hadn't torn his ACL, we wouldn't have won the World Series. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

adambr2 - that's exactly what i was thinking. My thought process went from, man if he hadn't gotten hurt we'd have so many more wins this year. Then I realized the same thing, wait, we wouldn't have had CC then probabaly. I'm just really happy for him, he pitched like a stud last night.

Here we go people, 3 games. 3 games left. Intense.

My thought process went from, man if he hadn't gotten hurt we'd have so many more wins this year. Then I realized the same thing, wait, we wouldn't have had CC then probabaly.

I disagree - I think the Brewers make the same trade to get CC even if they had a healthy and productive Gallardo in their rotation all season long. If it truly is an "all in" mentality for 2008, you trade a blocked prospect (even if he projects as a stud) from a loaded farm system for a legit ace that opponents fear every time. I think if the Brewers hadn't traded for CC, their season would have been meaningless more than a week ago already, even if Gallardo hadn't gotten hurt.

With that aside, I loved seeing Gallardo back on the mound last night - if the Brewers do make the playoffs, it'd be interesting to see how he would be used. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Sheets can go, too.

Archived