Brewer Fanatic

5/11/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Padres (Peavy), 2:35 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Actually, we should have had Fernandez come in to pitch to Bard yesterday instead of leaving Davis in to give up the 2 RBIs. If he can't catch a knuckleball, certainly he can't hit one.

Quote:
Well, it was really 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Yost, in his infinate wisdom, allowed a pitcher who was getting destroyed and had 65 pitches in 2 innings, bat for himself. I guess that 1/3rd extra IP he got out of him was worth it though.

Good point! I've gotta agree with you... "Small sample" on Hendrickson in the Majors this season but it sure seems like he is a AAAA pitcher. Fernandez just plain doesn't belong in the majors...

It looks like it is time for Jorge De La Rosa to be a starting pitcher until Sheets and/or Helling gets healthy... here's hoping that Eveland will be lights out great (or even just solid) on Saturday night

Minor leaguers to replace Fernandez?

We have thirteen pitchers on the roster and three more on the DL! Why do we need to bring up more?

Just dump Fernandez already. I know we're talking about a small sample size, but a 14.54 ERA is only going to go down so far, especially when he comes in and knuckleballs start flying out of the park.

Quote:
Is it wrong that I may start drinking right now? No, I don't think it is.

You're a Brewer fan and you haven't begun drinking yet? How did you endure the Bando years?

nsimps, I was barely a teenager during the Bando, and actually played baseball with Bando's nephew, so I couldn't really drink. But hey, dreary day outside, Brewers down 8-0, Jared Fernandez, probably a good excuse to crack open a New Castle Ale.

Trade Hall for prospects! Bring up Irribarren!

Anyway, this is starting to feel like a CG shutout. Not pretty.

annnddd...

Down goes Moeller! DOWN GOES MOELLER!! on strikes. Way to go, buddy.

This Peavy guy's supposed to be an ace, right? I'm a little worried about our inability to hit All-Star pitchers lately, combined with our continued owning by scrub pitchers. This cold streak better end soon.

Verified Member

"The Fernandez watch is on. He needs to pitch 2 innings with no earned runs to get his ERA under 10. Go Jared!"

He did it!

"On the plus side, by the end of this game, Fernandez's ERA will (hopefully) be lower lil' Ben's."

Not that.

I say the Padres top a dozen runs. Yost is going to take out Fernandez and put in whatever reliever has been sitting the longest (at least a week, preferably), and he proceeds to get inducted into the Order.

Archived