Brewer Fanatic

5/11/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Padres (Peavy), 2:35 PM CST

wOOgiE22

It's just a prediction rluz. Not everything is based on probability/stats.

I'm going by what we've done on this road trip paired with who we're facing on the mound.

Not to mention with a 5 run deficit we're going to be swinging for the fences.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we Have to focus more on the Brewers and less worry what the Cubs do.

I know we all dislike them but it really does not make our losses and more bearable.

we need to focus on this team slide again when we hit the road and what we can expect with this Patchwork Starting Staff and hitter not hitting the ball.

Now we are comming home to play the Hot Mets and better hope to take at least 2/3

Hendrickson is pretty much Steve Woodard, without the small amount of major league success Woodard had.

Hey...that's MY line (circa 2004)! Sad to see that it's true, though. The guy just can't throw strikes to save his career. Do AAA hitters just flail away at junk, or can he hit the strike zone in the minors?

I think we Have to focus more on the Brewers and less worry what the Cubs do.

I know we all dislike them but it really does not make our losses and more bearable.

To me it does.

but at least he got out major leaguers in spring training

He had 7 innings of work and had a 3.86 ERA. At least some of the guys he faced weren't even major leaguers anyway. He's also never pitched above AA, where he has an ERA over 5 in 58 IP there. Don't see how he's the answer.

Verified Member

"I think we Have to focus more on the Brewers and less worry what the Cubs do."

Why? I'm not sure that focusing more on the Brewers will help them win.

While suffering through another loss, we may as will distract ourselves with some good news.

Well, put my pre-game prediction down as one of the worst ever. So much for Lil' Ben silencing critics today. I really felt good about his chances, too....

I just don't get it. I have seen him in person twice, and he SHOULD be a decent major league. He has shown good command and decent stuff. Maybe it's a nerves thing or something. I wonder how many more chances he gets. I'd give him at least 1-2 more starts (assuming Sheets deosn't come back first). His last 2 appearances were alright. Maybe he should stay in the pen....

Never thought I'd miss Helling so much.

Why? I'm not sure that focusing more on the Brewers will help them win.

You are excepting the Brewers losing ways! They'll never win if we aren't hard on them! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Look on the bright side. If Hendrickson can pitch 11 inning he'll have a quality start.

Verified Member
Hendrickson's first start didn't impress me and I was worried going into today. He pitches much like Davis: nibbles and often falls behind. The biggest difference is that Davis has a cut fastball that can strike out some when he has to put the ball over the plate. When Hendrickson has to gete over the plate, he will get hit hard.

This is why I do not have any faith in this team right now. They can't let pitchers keep getting away with letting men get on base early in the inning. Don't mind me I am just really disgusted right now!

Archived