Brewer Fanatic

5/11/06 Brewers (Hendrickson) @ Padres (Peavy), 2:35 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Ben Hendrickson (0-0, 2.79)

http://www.rstn.tv/images/2004/06/03/En9QcatO.jpg

Hendrickson made his first start of the season on May 6 in LA, giving up three runs on four hits in five innings. He walked four and struck out three resulting in a no-decision

vs.

Jake Peavy (2-3, 4.17)

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/images/2006/03/30/XqChTA4P.jpg

Jake Peavy scattered five hits and allowed just one run over six strong innings Saturday in the Padres' 2-1 extra-inning win over the Cubs; Peavy fanned three batters and lowered his ERA to 4.17 -- from Mobile ESPN

Game Preview:

MLB.com

Media Coverage:

TV: MLB.TV

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Internet: MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com GameCast

Splits:

Ben Hendrickson vs. San Diego Hitters

Jake Peavy vs. Milwaukee Hitters

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything is possible. But, I really do not have the same feeling right now. I hope Hendrickson can give the Brewers a quality start today and the offense can get it going against Peavy.

We are on the west coast. There can be no reassurance. The fact that this is a pitcher's park may really help Ben more than Peavey. Just thought, well more like a hope.

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." - Brian

Any team can win any one game. If Peavy loses today, you just know all their fans will complain how it seems like they always lose to crappy starting pitchers and how Peavy simply isn't a "winner" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I, for one, have to say that I am VERY excited for lil' Ben's start today. I just have a feeling that he is going to do well, and that this is the beginning of a solid career in the Brewers' starting rotation. I saw him in Indianapolis 2 years ago, and have been high on him ever since. I think he was tired after the call-up that year, and then was screwed up in the head last year. His fastball is fine, but the curve is SWEET.

Although I wish it was under different circumstances, I have been patiently waiting for him to get another chance. So far so good in the first 2 appearances, and now today I predict he will prove himself with a respectable showing.

I say: 6IP, 6 hits, 2 ER, 5 K, 1 BB

and the win! Jenkins goes deep.

Alright, I'll complete forget about the sweep in LA if they win today. It would be nice to win a road series on the west coast for a change. Coming into this 6 game trip, I expected 2-4 realistically. I felt they maybe had a chance at 3-3, but 2-4 isn't the worse they've ever done... Hopefully we can get back on track today, and then have confidence for our 9 game home stand.

Game is on XM 188.

Thanks. I just heard that, too. The list I saw this morning didn't have the MIL/SD game listed, and I can't access xmradio.com at work due to our crappy restricted site list (how can looking up radio programming be restricted? - its not sex, drugs, alcohol, profanity, etc. - oh well).

Thanks again!

One things for sure, Last year the brewers started the month of May with a 7 game win streak. There's still time this month, but the Crew needs to start to pick it up if they want to reach Ned's goal of 2 more victories a month this year.

G. Gross, CF

J. Hardy, SS

G. Jenkins, RF

C. Lee, LF

P. Fielder, 1B

C. Koskie, 3B

B. Hall, 2B

C. Moeller, C

B. Hendrickson, P

D. Roberts, LF

M. Cameron, CF

B. Giles, RF

R. Bowen, C

K. Greene, SS

J. Barfield, 2B

A. Gonzalez, 1B

G. Blum, 3B

J. Peavy, P

Verified Member

"the Crew needs to start to pick it up if they want to reach Ned's goal of 2 more victories a month this year."

At least they are ahead of schedule, since they won 4 more games in April than last year.

I feel like every time pitchers throw to him, Geoff Jenkins strikes out.

Bat Bill Hall 3rd! Trade JenKins! Start Cirillo!

Sorry, just had to get the snark out of my system.

Seriously, though, I don't like eleven-pitch innings for the opposing starter.

Archived