Brewer Fanatic

New York weather may have big impact on race

NYChez
Ideally the perfect situation would be to get in 4 innings and then the game gets called. Harden would be off the table for tommorrow and they still would be forced to makeup the game in its entirety. They way it looks the game should start on time, but around 7 or 8 is when it could start to rain
Why would that be a perfect situation? Don't we want the Cubs/Harden to beat the Mets? If they are forced to play a make up game, I can guarantee that not only will the Cubs play their back ups, but none of their pitchers will pitch either. Wouldn't it just be better if Harden pitched 5 shut out innings, and the Cubs lead 5-0 when the rains come?

Ideally the perfect situation would be to get in 4 innings and then the game gets called. Harden would be off the table for tommorrow and they still would be forced to makeup the game in its entirety. They way it looks the game should start on time, but around 7 or 8 is when it could start to rain
Why would that be a perfect situation? Don't we want the Cubs/Harden to beat the Mets? If they are forced to play a make up game, I can guarantee that not only will the Cubs play their back ups, but none of their pitchers will pitch either. Wouldn't it just be better if Harden pitched 5 shut out innings, and the Cubs lead 5-0 when the rains come?

I should have said the ideal situation so long as they can't get the full game in (or atleast 5 innings). If they are going to get rained out atleast make Harden pitch a couple innings first.

I'm not sure why the Mets game isn't a day game to begin with, especially with it being a travel day for the Cubs. As it stands now, it looks like there is a 50-50 chance the game gets in and can be finished. It's also going to be windy out, so there is a good chance the Cubs could decide to not start Harden at all and/or go with a bunch of bench players.

Assuming the rain doesn't get their until early morning, isn't the ideal situation a 1-0 Cubs win in 22 innings? They blow through all their pitchers and get into Milwaukee super late.
Actually, a 1-0 game meant their pitchers were good, maybe a 32-31 game after 22 innings, because that means that all of their pitchers were terrible...

http://forecast.weather.g...extField2=-73.993&e=1

Tonight: Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 60. Breezy, with a east wind between 21 and 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Maybe it's just the thunderstorms after 2 am and the rain is coming earlier. Hmmm. We'll see I guess.

My fear is that MLB's top priority and Lou Pinella's priority may be in conflict. MLB wants to get this game in no matter what. Lou wants to make sure everyone is ready for the playoffs. If the field becomes wet, Lou will pull many of his regulars out of the game I'm afraid.

Well, if these games aren't played as scheduled, it certainly would eliminate the possible/theoretical issue of players watching the scoreboard, as there will be no scores to watch except the one the Brewers can control.

Derosa is already out today and Friday due to a strained calf that he suffered last night. I can't imagine the Cubs will take any chances with guys slipping and getting injured in the rain tonight. I certainly wouldn't think that Soriano will play and I could see a few other guys getting the night off as well. If I were the Cubs, I wouldn't pitch Harden on a night where he might slip while fielding a bunt and strain a groin or something. I don't know if they have another guy who could start besides him, but I wouldn't pitch Harden tonight.

There are actually some scenarios where the Mets, Brewers and Astros are all close enough that the Cubs would be required to make up tonight's game and their missed game with Houston. Imagine the Cubs having to fly to NY for a game and then flying to Houston for a game the next day before flying home to start their playoff series the next day. It's a big longshot, but it's possible.

I do believe MLB will be quite sensitive to the Cubs situation in deciding what to do tonight, and beyond. Of course they want to get the games in, but there is no way they want to see any Cubs player get hurt at this point any more then they want to see them run a AAA squad out there. They are just as aware of the season the Cubs are having and where thier focus is, as they are the importance of this game to the Mets.

Just looking ahead to the weekend, to get in these games that matter just as much as those from two weeks ago, shouldn't MLB be considering also moving the Mets-Marlins games to a neutral domed site (the Tropicana appears to be open http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )? I'm sure some of the Astros fans wouldn't mind seeing another team give up some home field advantage during the wild card chase.

I'm actually starting to hope that they somehow get those games in on time. If we can somehow win the first two games of the Cubs series (big IF), we'd have a chance to rest CC if the Mets lose on Friday and Saturday. But if they get rained out both of those days, then we'll have to pitch CC on Sunday no matter what.

I'm no weather man (and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but looking at the radar, it seems like there will be periods of dry weather in NY today.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/d1025a499479ff0d93e18fb39e8ea920bd07492.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived