Brewer Fanatic

9/24/08 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008season/pitchers924.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/standingsscoreboard1.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/brewersnews1.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/gamepreview1.jpg
Sportsline.com Preview
MLB.com Preview
Brewers Press Pass

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/mediacoverage1.jpg
TV: FSN Wisconsin
Radio: 620 WTMJ (Brewers Radio Network)
Internet: Live Boxscore, MLB Gameday 2008, ESPN Gamecast
Sportsline Gamecenter

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/woogie22/2008seasonbanners/fansites1.jpg
PittsburghSports.net
OnlyBucs.net

BEAT THE PIRATES, CUBS BEAT THE METS!!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielder and Braun are the first Brewer teammates to have consecutive seasons of at least 34 HRs. Only 3 other times have Brewer teammates hit at least 34 each:

Sexson (45) and Burnitz (34); 2001

Thomas (39) and Oglivie (34); 1982

Oglivie (41) and Thomas (38); 1980 (by the way, Oglivie and Thomas were not on pace to do so in 1981)

Braun and Fielder each have accumulated 100 RBIs for the season. Other Brewer teammates to reach that mark in the same season:

Sexson (125) and Burnitz (100); 2001

Cooper (126) and Simmons (108); 1983

Cooper (121), Yount (114), Thomas (112), and Oglivie (102); 1982

Cooper (122), Oglivie (118), and Thomas (105); 1980

Thomas (123), Cooper (106), and Lezcano (101); 1979

Fielder has reached 100 RBIs in consecutive seasons. Other Brewer players to accomplish that:

Sexson 2001, 2002, 2003

Burnitz 1998, 1999

Cooper 1982, 1983

Cooper 1979, 1980

Thomas 1979, 1980

Lets go CC! I am a bit worried about starting him on 3 days rest two starts in a row, but hopefully he can get the job done.

Lets hope on the other side of the scoreboard Big Z is fired up to erase that poor outing he had against the Cardinals on Friday.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I really don't like the idea of pitching CC on three day's rest for three starts in a row. The guy has already logged a ton of innings and he wore down last year. If the Brewers do make the playoffs, they're running the risk of having a cashed ace.

It would be swell if the Brewers could jump on Maholm for a comfy lead and they could remove CC after like 80 pitches.

Finally, Best post-deadline acquisition ever=Woogie=Our secret weapon.

If the Brewers do make the playoffs, they're running the risk of having a cashed ace.
True, but the option of getting to the playoffs the easy way (say, a .500 record in September) was itself cashed sometime ago. At this point I'd rather run the risk of CC having nothing in the tank during the playoffs than having him at home resting during the playoffs.

Per TH:

Mike Cameron and Bill Hall are batting in the Nos. 1-2 spots in the Brewers lineup, which I'm sure will cause some folks to scratch their heads, considering neither is known as a great contact hitter.

But there are some major hitter/pitcher match-ups at work in Dale Sveum's lineup against Pittsburgh lefty Paul Maholm. Cameron is batting .667 (10 for 15) with three homers for his career against Maholm, and Hall is a career .609 hitter (14 for 23) with two homers.

Obviously, Sveum is counting on those trends to continue.

Here are the lineups:

Brewers
CF Mike Cameron
3B Bill Hall
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
SS J.J. Hardy
RF Corey Hart
2B Rickie Weeks
C Jason Kendall
LHP CC Sabathia

Pirates
CF Nyjer Morgan
2B Freddy Sanchez
C Ryan Doumit
LF Jason Michaels
1B Adam LaRoche
RF Steve Pearce
3B Andy LaRoche
SS Luis Cruz

LHP Paul Maholm

(please make it clear when you are quoting a source -TC)

The Brewers are 27-18 with the roof and panels open.

The Brewers are 0-0 with the roof open and panels closed.

The Brewers are 3-0 with the roof closed and panels open.

The Brewers are 15-13 with the roof and panels closed.

The Brewers are 20-14 when they wear white uniforms.

The Brewers are 14-16 when they wear gray uniforms.

The Brewers are 45-36 when they wear blue uniforms.

The Brewers are 5-5 when they wear retro uniforms.

I really don't like the idea of pitching CC on three day's rest for three starts in a row. The guy has already logged a ton of innings and he wore down last year. If the Brewers do make the playoffs, they're running the risk of having a cashed ace.

It would be swell if the Brewers could jump on Maholm for a comfy lead and they could remove CC after like 80 pitches.

Finally, Best post-deadline acquisition ever=Woogie=Our secret weapon.

With Gallardo likely going on Thu and limited to about 3 IP and Suppan likely going on Friday and going probably like 3 IP because he seems to be pitching hurt... I don't know that this is really an option.

The Brewers are 20-14 when they wear white uniforms.

The Brewers are 14-16 when they wear gray uniforms.

The Brewers are 45-36 when they wear blue uniforms.

The Brewers are 5-5 when they wear retro uniforms.

Wow, I realized they seemed to be wearing the whites and grays less than usual this year, but I didn't know it was to that extent. Only 34 games in the whites and 30 in the grays.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

More fun baseball please. And by fun, I mean win.

Great video blog by Olney on Sabathia over at ESPN... says scouts identify CC is fatigued, lowering the arm angle, throwing a disproportionate amount of breaking balls. Worth a watch.

are more Arsenio Hall towels showing up; will that be a staple of the homestand? Can they hand out 20K yellow and 20K blue... I would like that much more.

Archived