Brewer Fanatic

5/12/06 Mets (Lima) @ Brewers (Bush), 7:05PM CST

steve267268
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kolb pitched a good inning.

The ump squeezed him on that strike three and then two grounders found their way into the outfield. Kolb pitches to contact so really he was getting it done...

The throwing error is another issue.. let's go T - BOW!!

No definite way to know, but probably Rickie.

Well most things in life can't be proven. The Theory of Relativity is still a theory. I tend to believe that given the fact that Rickie hasn't shown a good deal of improvement in his time in Milwaukee (and from the minors) the common denominator is Rickie. So while I can't say for certain he's responsible I do think it's highly likely.

Well most things in life can't be proven. The Theory of Relativity is still a theory. I tend to believe that given the fact that Rickie hasn't shown a good deal of improvement in his time in Milwaukee (and from the minors) the common denominator is Rickie. So while I can't say for certain he's responsible I do think it's highly likely.

What are we talking about again?

Stinks that the game isn't on TV tomorrow. I have to settle for the Mets "broadcast" on DirecTV tomorrow (if it is on that is) and listen to Ueck and Powell.

By the way, Don, I'm enjoying drinking about as much as you, I think.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Nice win tonight by our boys.

Bush gave a gritty effort tonight

Jenks probally played his best all around game in a long time.

Kolb did get grounders tonight and if the Infield didn:t have the shift on for delgado he would have been out of the inning.

I was at the game tonight... a few observations:

Fielder swung so hard on his first home run that I couldn't even see it off the bat... I honestly thought he swung and missed.

Jenkins had a huge double in a great at-bat. Too bad he did it at such a pointless time, because he never hits in the clutch.

Fielder's second home run was out in about three seconds.

Kolb actually looked pretty good. He had good velocity. The hits were pretty much ground balls that were hit in the right spots.

A lot of drunk people sit in the terrace reserved sections.

Quote:
I was at the game tonight... a few observations:

Fielder swung so hard on his first home run that I couldn't even see it off the bat... I honestly thought he swung and missed.

Jenkins had a huge double in a great at-bat. Too bad he did it at such a pointless time, because he never hits in the clutch.

Fielder's second home run was out in about three seconds.

Kolb actually looked pretty good. He had good velocity. The hits were pretty much ground balls that were hit in the right spots.

A lot of drunk people sit in the terrace reserved sections

Fixed.

(Since Sarcasm is hard to read on a MB, please use some kind of way for everybody to tell. My Vote is we just all use Blue for the term. That way it stands out and everybody notices it.)

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I was also at the game. It was nice to see 26,000 people there after a 1-5 road trip. Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow so they can draw a bigger crowd.

Some thoughs:

Bush was doing ok. His curve wasn't quite on in the early innings, which I think is why he gave up those early runs.

For the first three and two-thirds innings I was worried that it was going to be another one of those games against a AAA junkballer.

Prince's first homerun: That ball was so high, I was certain it was a pop-up to shallow center, but then, it kept going up. and up. and up. When it finally came down it left a big dent in the Roadrunner sign. I really think that 475 ft is a conservative estimate. One of the great things was that Prince hit the homerun on either pitch #10 or pitch #11. He fouled off pitches as if they were threatening his family.

Section 101 continues to be a fun place to watch the game, with some good knowledgeable fans, and immediate proximity to the Mets bullpen provided some good laughs. I liked "call up the bullpen, coach!" when Lima got men on first and second.

Prince's second homerun: speaking of the bullpen. Bannister came in for one pitch (RBI single), then Randolph decided to put in a left. I shouted at the bullpen, "Please! Put in a lefty!" Sure enough, they do, and sure enough, homerun. When he hit that ball, I shouted "thanks for the lefty!" I had some admirers in the section after I said that us getting a lefty pitcher to face Fielder was grand.

Jenkins had a great at-bat on that bases-clearing double. He also still has quite a bit of fan support.

Clark is looking better at the plate. He had a really bad at-bat (K swinging in the dirt), but other than that he looked good.

Kolb looked good but for some bad luck, a pitch that couldn't be hit except for opposite field and was, and a couple of errors. I don't get why, if Hardy pinch-hits and then stays in for defense, Hall doesn't stay on and shift to second and Weeks doesn't sit. Sitting Rickie is the definition of "late-game defensive replacement."

Latin Cappy was dealing. I saw in this game how high his ceiling really is. Turnbow remains a rock star.

It's heartening to see that even though Billy Wagner struck out the side, they burned him through twenty pitches in so doing. If they can do that and get a hit or two, they can get to him.

I went to the game last night at the last second and had a great time. Geoff and Corie made outstanding plays in the field and I loved that Geoff came threw in the clutch. The first homer by the prince was WOW. Damion said he thought it went at least 500 ft. I can't wait for tomorrow's game.

(Since Sarcasm is hard to read on a MB, please use some kind of way for everybody to tell. My Vote is we just all use Blue for the term. That way it stands out and everybody notices it.)

Sarcasm sucks if it has to be pointed out. Many posters seem to read others posts as though other posters are the dumbest people in the world. Give the other poster the benefit of the doubt when you're not sure if it's sarcastic and you'll be right 99% of the time.

Archived