Brewer Fanatic

It's been ten years now...

hawing

...since that bizarre Brewers-Cubs game on September 23, 1998 which featured two Sammy Sosa home runs and (in later innings) a Brewers' comeback from a 7-0 deficit. The final play of the game can be seen here.

(I've put this in off-topic on purpose. I don't mean this post as any kind of karmic statement. I just am in half-disbelief that a decade has passed since that game.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was at that game and I missed the drop because I assumed it was an easy out and reached down to gather up some belongings before I headed out. Then I heard the crowd go crazy and my fellow workers (who I had gone to the game with) screaming "he dropped it!, he dropped it!"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Wow, the interwebz have come a long way.
I thought the same thing, tts. Looking at that clip reminds me of an ad for mlb.tv that the Brewers have been playing on the videoboard before games. A few baseball fans geek out in front of a tiny clip from the 1990s, and all say "AWESOME!"; then they show the same geeks, looking a bit older, geeking out in front of a "modern-day" mlb.tv clip, still saying "AWESOME!"

For some reason, that ad still makes me chuckle.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

One of your brethren here has imortalized that play on an avatar. That play turned out to not be as devastating as it could have been as we did wind up in the Wild Card spot anyway, albeit losing 3 straight to Atlanta.

As far as the Torres meltdown, it was really nothing more than a makeup for the Kerry Wood meltdown on May 1st. Sure it was 4 runs vs 2 runs but it was nevertheless a meltdown. (Yes I know you also lost Yo that day but I'm only talking about the 9th inning.)

I somehow just realized I was at the Brant Brown game. I was 10 and I remember getting called out of school to go to the game and remember Sosa hit two home runs, yet I somehow don't remember that play...? Maybe we left early or something.

Archived