Brewer Fanatic

5/13/06 Mets (Gonzalez) @ Brewers (Eveland), 6:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goodness gracious. FSN really dropped the ball tonight. Not scheduling this game fot TV was dumb enough, but to not pick it up after a sellout is bogus. I wish it were different.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

It's not the hitters' fault tonight, but that failure to get Lee home when he was on 2nd with nobody out in the 6th came back to haunt us. Then Lee on 2nd with 1 out in the 9th...we had the opportunities, and this was just an unbelievably tough loss.

Of course, seeing Lehr and Demaria today didn't help matters either. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

That's a tough loss. I certainly hope it's DeMaria that sent down for this new pitcher. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but he's just not good.

Edit: Although Turnbow deserves his share of the blame for this one. He's been outstanding, so no need to harp on him too much, but regardless, he gave up the winning homer.

Quote:
If I did, I wouldn't call this the most disappointing loss of the season. It was.

I dunno. Coming back from a billion runs to just lose against the astros was unreal. Nomar beating that stupid shift back to back nights was awful. This one is up there. They all suck.

I was just going to post that this was a very encouraging game! I don't think it was the most disappointing loss by any stretch. The team of fighters and gamers kept playing tough until the end. The Mets have one of the best records in the NL, and to come back from an 8-4 deficit is pretty darn good! I'm very ticked that FSN didn't have this game on. Midday games, I can understand not having on....but a Saturday night, and especially after the thing sells out! Sad. We'll make it 2 of 3 tomorrow.

Demaria, Lehr, and Fernandez have all got to go. They bring nothing positive to the table whatsoever other than an opportunity to blow a game. Bring in somebody else to replace them. What's the worst that can happen? They'll get shelled? Oh well, we already have guys in the bullpen who get shelled, may as well at least TRY something else.

This loss sucks because it's an almost automatic two game losing streak now. I don't think we have a prayer tomorrow. We'll be lucky to get 2 runs off Pedro and I'll be shocked if Davis can hold them down. And it's retro day as well...we all know how that goes.

Well our bullpen is in shambles, folks. The likes of Demaria, Lehr, Fernandez....these are AAA pitchers! I don't understand why we have to settle for this mediocrity in the bullpen. Valient effort tonight by the Crew though to battle back. I kind of figured it would either be hit or miss for T-bow tonight and I knew he would be very juiced up to get the ball in the 9th. The thing that upsets me is Geoff Jenkins. Why is it that when he gets 2 strikes on him, I (along with some of you probably too) assume a K is on the horizon? I just am discouraged by his overall effort up there at the plate at times. If the Yankees want him to replace Matsui, just dump him. Free up that salary for next season even if you get squat in return. Please Melvin, make this move. Let Hart/Cruz/Gross man RF for us.

Archived