Brewer Fanatic

Braun's hang out is Lake Geneva?

The Racine Journal-Times actually, for the first time in God knows how long, put together a quality piece on our beloved rookie Ryan Braun. The Journal-Times always puts in AP wire stories about Brewer games, but one thing that interests me is that Braun likes to go Lake Geneva to be on the water.

Maybe someone should head out there to Geneva when the Crew has a day off.

He also prefers Taco Bell? He still has "college student" written all over him.

The weird thing is, even when Braun does go to Lake Geneva, I would doubt many people would recognize him. He does have a distinct face, but he may just dress in average clothes and do whatever a normal person would do and I doubt he would do anything to bring attention to himself.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was pumping gas into his car and paid for it in person with cash and the clerk would even recognize him, unless there is a picture of him in a newspaper laying in front of the clerk.

He kind of looks like a former coworker of mine in a way.

This is a prime example of why players may choose to not get to know reporters on a personal basis and keep the interviews only work related.

I hope his visit to the lake isnt ruined now.

sveum, shouldn't your statement be made in blue? But hey, give Braun a hand for even thinking of going there. The guy is a Californian and most pro athletes in Wisconsin don't connect with places or cities as much as they used to. So maybe this can be considered a good thing considering that he is open to new surroundings and such. Maybe his time at Lake Geneva is just a time to be in a quiet area and enjoy the finer points of life. It is good to see one of our future guys make a connection to a community outside Milwaukee, albeit a recreational connection.

sorry, i'm computer foolish and don't know how to make the blue words appear.

i kinda hoped the ruben quevedo part would give it away...

though now as i look above me i see a drop down window which says color, so problem solved.

The problem with Lake Geneva, beyond all the little rich kids-or maybe precisely because of them-is that there are too many Cubs fans. That said, maybe he enjoys an extra measure of anonymity, since they can barely name their own lineup, let alone that of the team that sits atop their crumbling stadium's flagpole.

Other than meeting George Bamberger at some bar on National, where he accepted my dad's offer of a beer, and seeing Teddy Higuera shop for discounted sweaters at the Grand Avenue Mall, I don't recall having met a Brewer outside County/Miller. Oh, wait, there was that time at Stormin' and Vuke's....

Archived