Brewer Fanatic

5/16/06 Phillies (Lidle) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
has Rickie's Fielding become such a negative that it has overtaken his hitting positives?

My post has acted like a reverse jinx... he's been lights-out ever since.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Nice DP.

6 IP, 1 run so far for Cappy today.

I think that is 9 for 9 so far for quality starts for him? That's why I say he's our ace right now -- every time he pitches, he gives us a good chance to win -- even when our offense isn't doing much.

Did any of you just catch the top of th 5th inning pitch sequence to Barry Bonds in the Giants/Astros game?

Giants up 11-3 in the top of the 5th in Houston:

1st pitch: thrown behind Bonds - pitcher gets warned.

2nd pitch: would have hit Bonds in the knee had he not jumped back.

3rd pitch: almost hits Bonds again, but instead hits off the knob of the bat for a foul ball.

4th pitch: high and tight to Bonds.

5th pitch: hits Bonds in the back - pitcher gets tossed and receives a standing ovation from the Houston fans.

Bonds didn't even flinch during the whole at-bat (except of course when he was almost getting hit).

Thats terrible, I'd think a professional ballplayer would have more class than to go after a teams best player just because they have no shot at winning. Thats some pretty poor sportsmanship there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Fire Wynegar.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thats terrible, I'd think a professional ballplayer would have more class than to go after a teams best player just because they have no shot at winning. Thats some pretty poor sportsmanship there.

And being a ROIDED freak is? Good sportsmanship?

Gah, I had a feeling something like that would happen. We were just crusing along feeling good about the game but weren't getting those runners in. Now a base hit and they take the lead....

Alright, got out of that still tied 2-2.

I think Cappy has another inning in him, but you almost have to PH for him with his spot coming up, especially if Koskie or Miller can reach.

Archived