Brewer Fanatic

5/16/06 Phillies (Lidle) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
Quote:
I'm not sold on Hall, he was good last year, he's been good so far this year. Hall's going to replace Rickie in my opinion, and Rickie will go to center. These throwing errors are simply inexcusable, it should be so easy to correct, but he keeps doing the same dumb things. Though I actually agree with Bill, Prince's stretch on that ball was pretty crappy.

Not to be cynical, but what is your point here? If you are not sold on Hall, but he is going to replace Rickie, then you must also not be sold on Rickie. I still think Rickie will be fine, maybe he is actually left handed.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
What's not to like about JJ Hardy?

A .247 BA last year, and a .238 BA so far this year.

Quote:
I'm not sold on Hall, he was good last year, he's been good so far this year.

You're sold on Hardy, but not Hall? You just said it yourself --Hall was good last year, and has been good so far this year. I don't know what more he has to do for people to be sold on him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hardy will be a solid Brewer for years to come.

One thing to keep in mind.. for Hall's first two years the Brewers didn't trust him to play D in the last couple of innings.. and he couldn't touch and outside pitch.. let's hope Hardy and Weeks show similar improvement..

Quote:
Weeks hit a double? I don't consider that fooling our youngsters.

Doesn't the saying go, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut." Just kidding, you are correct. I don't have faith he will do it again against Lidle though, I would rather have him face Madson. I think his chances would be better then.

Harang is self-destructing against the Pirates. They're already down 4-0 and he just walked 3 straight batters to load the bases with 1 out.

San Francisco seems to have Houston well in hand today, up 11-3. Houston sure has struggled lately.

I didn't make my point very well as I'm watching the game, wrapping my day at work, and obviously cheating and posting here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I like Hall, I hope he continues to do well, but I'm not ready to unseat any current starters for him at this point. Last year I said he'd be the next Keith Ginter, and he's making me eat crow right now. I'm happy for him as a Brewer fan, but I'm unable to shake the feeling that free swinging Billy Hall is coming back... If he proves me wrong then great, and the way he's playing, I definately think he's earned a spot in the lineup most days. I'm not sold on Rickie's defense at all, and 2 years ago I felt the same way about Hall, but Hall has made noticeable improvement. If Hall does indead play his way into a starter (which he's well on his way to doing), then next year I could see him at second and Rickie in CF, though I'd hate to waste Hall's arm at 2nd. I just don't see a MLB tolerating the errors up the middle unless Rickie starts showing some sort of improvement in his footwork. Rickie's fielding has improved and I always thought fielding the ball the was the hard part, but Rickie is proving me wrong.

Ugly DP there, but it counts. Why not jump the guy and throw, ensuring the out? That was way more difficult than it had to be.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

RLU

44% chance for the crew to take two from the Hot Phils...Gotta like that...I like you methodology too, HOw will it compare over the long haul though...do you know? prolly should write this on your blog LOLhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived