Brewer Fanatic

5/16/06 Phillies (Lidle) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Jenkins is not bad.. I would rate him as an above average player..my issue is that he is not going to get better and his downsides (K's, streakiness) will always be there... I think for someone that streaky he is better hitting 6th until he gets on a roll.

Community Moderator

There's no guarantee Lidle throws the same pitch with Koskie not on base.

But then you're dealing purely in hypotheticals. Miller hit what would have been a DP ball immediately following the CS, and that's undebatable.

And for the record, if that throw was off the line by another inch or two, Koskie had it stolen.

Adam, I do get on JJ a lot. To the point I almost got run here http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I believe Hall should start at SS. If Brady does not come along within another month...Then let's see

I know I have said it before but when talking about whether Hall should replace Hardy or Clark doesn't it come down to whether you think a 24 year old prospect or a 32 year old journeyman has the best chance to improve?

What's not to like about JJ Hardy?

I'm not sold on Hall, he was good last year, he's been good so far this year. Hall's going to replace Rickie in my opinion, and Rickie will go to center. These throwing errors are simply inexcusable, it should be so easy to correct, but he keeps doing the same dumb things. Though I actually agree with Bill, Prince's stretch on that ball was pretty crappy.

Nice DP there to end the half inning.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Trow...to a point I agree...but Clark after the 2nd half of 2004 has batted over .300. I think his leash has been very short. Maybe that's good, we'll see, because I think Yost has given up on Brady even with his 29 starts this years

Quote:
I know I have said it before but when talking about whether Hall should replace Hardy or Clark doesn't it come down to whether you think a 24 year old prospect or a 32 year old journeyman has the best chance to improve?

Well, he certainly wouldn't be replacing Hardy permanently. As far as Clark goes, I think Hall's future is in the infield. How about Hall at 2B and Weeks at CF? Assuming Weeks can figure out how to play CF.

Archived