Brewer Fanatic

5/16/06 Phillies (Lidle) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how surprising, Jenks with a double and no love...I am tired of people hating on him, esp...the proud partner and fans who don't appreciate him. Look at his lifetime stats and the haters should just keep quiet. HE had the sac fly a couple days ago, he had the base clearing double...plays good D...I guess I just don't get it since no one can ever say anything good about Jenks but focus on the bad...thanks peter brown...ignoramus

I'm confused by Koskie stealing in that situation. He's not a runner, and you have Miller up with 1 out. Now we have to have the pitcher lead off the next inning, which we wouldn't have had to do.

As for the Jenkins comment.. let's wait until he is hitting better than .280 before proclaiming his greatness.. a blind man could hit .260 in front of Carlos right now...

and with the amount of times he strikes out you could argue that might describe Jenkins.

Community Moderator

Hit and run or not, just a dumb move. Now Capuano leads off next inning.

Miller was up and is hot as can be with only one out, I don't think that Capuano leading off the 3rd should have played into the decision at all, especially considering that Miller hit a double play ball right afterwards.

I didn't proclaim greatness....He's a good ballplayer who people i guess feel they have to hate on. Lifetime average of .281 and a lifetime OPS of .857....That's terrible according to some dopes I hear talk about him.

Good job bailing Ricky out, Cappy.

Things are good in the Central so far today...

Mets 2-0 over St. Louis Bottom 3

Pirates 4-0 over Cincy Top 4

Giants 6-2 over Houston Bottom 3

Cubs and Nats 0-0 Top 4

A thought for the stat-heads... has Rickie's Fielding become such a negative that it has overtaken his hitting positives? That is, if the Win Shares were calculated for him, would the negative fielding win shares be greater than batting win shares giving him a total win shares below zero?

I'm guessing we've reached that point, but I can't find any 2006 win shares out on the net yet.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived