Brewer Fanatic

9/22/08 Non-Brewers IGT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Cubs are the best overall team in baseball, IMO, and it's not even really close.

The Anaheim Angels of Southern California Orange County Metro Area Region may disagree, but yes the Cubs are solid, definitely the team to beat in the NL.

For everyone who decided on thursday of last week that they were "done" I hope you feel stupid. We are one back with 6 to go. Closest we have been (other than last year) since 1992. Why would you turn your back now? Of course a bad week will hurt. I'm not sure I could even take losing to the Cubs on the last day of the season if it meant we missed out on the playoffs. Keep watching. As a Brewer fan since the late 70s, these chances are few and far between. I hope the crowd in Miller this week is 100% "all in" for the crew. anything less would be undeserved. The team fired Yost, they proved they want it as bad as you do. Respond in kind.

Go Brewers!!!!!!

Well again the brewers need just to take care of Busines and take care of the Pirates and it now looks line Harden pitch aganist the Mets Thur which would mean we won't see him.

Zambrano and Harden are slated to go against the Mets, so we won't see their top two, to finish it out. I'll take that blessing.

I'm actually very concerned with the Astros. Only 3.5 games back from the WC, they have an easy schedule the rest of the way with 2 home series against CIN and ATL.
Last I checked, CIN isn't exactly an easy series. They have ripped the rest of the teams in the playoff chase this month. 3.5 back with 6/7 to go is quite a big climb. I just don't see how being worried about a team 2.5 behind us with 6 to go is even necessary. If they win the WC, then neither the Brewers/Mets deserve to win it.

I'm actually very concerned with the Astros. Only 3.5 games back from the WC, they have an easy schedule the rest of the way with 2 home series against CIN and ATL.

That makes very little sense. First of all, from the Brewers' perspective, if they get passed by the Astros, that means they're losing, and that means they are not passing the Mets. Second, from the Mets perspective, why on earth would they care about a team 3.5 gb when there's one 1gb?

Think about the pure math of it. In order for the Astros to even tie for the wildcard, one of the following scenarios would have to take place:

Scenario 1: Astros go 7-0

Mets must go 3-3 or worse and Brewers 4-2 or worse

Scenario 2: Astros go 6-1

Mets must go 2-4 or worse and Brewers 3-3 or worse

Scenario 3: Astros go 5-2

Mets must go 1-5 or worse and Brewers 2-4 or worse

Do you honestly believe one of those 3 is more likely than the Brewers tying or overtaking the Mets??

After the Braves series last season, remember how it felt being 3.5 GB? It felt like the Brewers were toast -- and they probably were. This time, the Astros have to pass two teams. They've enjoyed a nice run, but it's just going to be too difficult for them (BP gives them a .62% chance as of Monday morning). Besides, they're too busy making t-shirts complaining about Bud Selig. Evidentally, he's killed their season anyways, so why should they even bother?

Well, if they catch us we weren't going to catch the Mets more than likely though they could still make the Cubs play their last game.
If that is the case, then you can expect Lou to put out a forfeit lineup against the Stros, cause Lou won't risk his "playoff roster" in a game that would be meaningless for the Cubs. So, if I was the Brewers take care of business. Cause believe it or not, there are alot of Cubs fans--including myself---that actually wants the Brewers to make the playoffs.

Archived