Brewer Fanatic

5/14/06 Mets (Pedro) @ Brewers (D. Davis), 1:05 PM CST

hawing
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That has to be the dumbest move by a manager I've seen in a while. If he pinch hit for him last inning, the homer could have been a two run shot. When a player doesn't have his head in the game he gets benched, what happens when a manager doesn't have his head in the game?

Quote:
If he pinch hit for him last inning, the homer could have been a two run shot.

Maybe, maybe not. Ned was just trying to get as much as he could out of the starting pitcher or he has to risk using Demaria.

Pedro has been far and away the better starting pitcher today, and yet.......

Good teams find a way to win games where their SP is struggling and the oppositions SP is dominating, which I guess is *so far* a good sight to see.

Let's keep it going Capellan!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I can't believe we have 4 runs on Pedro right now. He's simply dealing.

He's made exactly 2 "mistake" pitches, and it's our good fortune that both times the batter was able to capitolize on his mistakes.

He doesn't make them very often.

This is why hitting home runs is a good thing pace Bill Schroeder. Putting together a string of hits agaisnt Pedor today is impossible, but because they have home run power they are leading.

As to the Davis decision, thats Yost managing by what he hopes will happen versus what will likely happen.

I wanna see a stat at the end of the day of how everyone who had a pink bat today did. I'd love it if they someone together batted .400 with a bunch of homers...What a sight that would be.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

In other news...the Padres lead the Cubs 4-0 in the 7th with the Scrubs only with two hits.

Edit: Here comes Shouse with the tying-run up to bat. Make your first outing a good one big guy!

Quote:
As to the Davis decision, thats Yost managing by what he hopes will happen versus what will likely happen

Yes. And that's not always that bad. We need to get some longer appearences from Capuano, Davis, and Bush if Eveland and Hendrickson are rounding out the rotation.

Verified Member
Quote:
Just noticed, the brilliant decision to start Bill Hall has so far resulted in 3Ks. The big question is, will he get the golden sombrero?

JJ has been putrid in May hitting .143 with a .468 OPS. It's tough to fault sitting him for awhile in favor of Hall even if Hall didn't hit today.

Archived