Brewer Fanatic

5/14/06 Mets (Pedro) @ Brewers (D. Davis), 1:05 PM CST

hawing

Happy Mothers Day Willie, we'll see you in October!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

This series took at least a decade off my life but I couldn't be more excited. Bill Hall, WOW!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing to not overlook is Damian Miller is the best hitting catcher in the NL so far this year.. another great signing by Doug Melvin..

With Melvin's history you almost say to start Brady everyday because if Doug signed him to 2 years he must know something.

It hurt to type that last sentence but I have not evidence to the contrary.

I don't have a big problem benching Brady because a) he's not a big part of the future of this club, b) he's only a marginal hitter anyway, c) he doesn't really have any upside over last years numbers and I find it unlikely he would repeat them, d) he's not a very good defensive CF either.

I have no problem with him becoming a part time player for us. I don't want Hall to start full time at CF though, he's much more valuable moving around.

Hardy on the other hand needs every chance he can get at SS because he is thought of as the longterm future of this team at SS.

{Don't get me wrong, I'm in the "bench Brady as much as possible camp," but JJ has not being doing much to make his presence required. I think the Brewers could certainly "afford" to keep him on the bench, as he's not producing.}

JJ gives us more defense than Clark and is at least as good of a hitter if not better... I like Hall and Hardy in the lineup better than Hall and Clark

I'd sit Clark except vs lefties when you sit Koskie, or to occasionally spell Jenkins

To be fair to StrawBoss, if Hardy had started the game it would have been Hall who would have come in on the double switch. Then he could have hit the walk-off to start the 10th instead of waiting for there to be two outs.

Greatest series in The Keg's history?!? I'll take the "Billy Hall single handedly beats the Reds" from two years ago. It also had a craptacular Brewer hit for the cycle for the first time in Milwaukee ever. Plus one of our biggest come backs. Until there is playoffs here, I beleive that will be the biggest series.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Just got home from the game, i took my mom and niece. We left after the 9th inning my niece was getting tired. Anyway another great game . This has to go down as on of the best weekends since we moved to Miller park, the crowd of over 28000 was really into it.

I would be willing to name this "greatest series in Miller Park history" if we suddenly roll out to win 18 of our next 22 games or something. A win like today would be a big team motivator to do such a thing.

Until that happens, of course, I'll wait to pass judgement.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Verified Member

I wish I could have been there but I was headed out of town and was only able to catch about 6 innings until I lost the WTMJ signal near Toledo, Ohio. Anyway, when ESPN radio had a breaking news update during the Baseball Show saying that Bill Hall hit a walkoff game winning HR to beat the Mets,

everyone in my car was screaming and high-fiving each other.

It was awesome http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

First time I've gotten to post since being at both Saturday and Sunday's games. Both were great. I was one row above Bill Hall's mom for the mother's day game and later saw her on sportscenter. Too cool. Saturday's game was great despite the loss. I was in section 103 and the place was going hogwild.

I was at this game too and the stadium was just rocking. It was awesome to have the walk off homer.

Whenever I go to games I always get to see plenty of action whether it's lots of homers, runs, people running on the field or arguements between fans.

I love baseball! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived