Brewer Fanatic

5/14/06 Mets (Pedro) @ Brewers (D. Davis), 1:05 PM CST

hawing

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday morning hangovers ?

Pedro Martinez's last start at Miller Park Last year ( May 7 ) He gave up 5 ER in 7 IN, but the Brewers still lost late. Would be nice to touch him for 5 runs again. Nice to see LoDuca out of the line-up today.

Quote:
Pedro Martinez's last start at Miller Park Last year ( May 7 ) He gave up 5 ER in 7 IN,

My fear is that even if we get lucky enough to score 5 on Pedro that DD and the bullpen will give up 8. I have very little confidence in our pitching right now outside of both Cappy's, Wise, and Turnbow.

not a whole lot of optimism from my perspective

I know what you mean. Here are three potential negative factors for the home team:

1. Retro Sunday: Will the Brewers ever score during one?

2. Run support? With Sharpie on the mound? Whaa??

3. That Pedro guy - even though the Brewers got to him last year.

Still, spring hopes eterny.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

NY Mets Milwaukee ------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- SS Reyes, Jose 2 17 .266 2B Weeks, Rickie 2 9 .280 2B Matsui, Kazuo 1 5 .256 SS Hall, Bill 7 15 .294 CF Beltran, Carlos 9 22 .278 RF Jenkins, Geoff 5 20 .265 1B Delgado, Carlos 13 29 .299 LF Lee, Carlos 15 32 .304 3B Wright, David 5 24 .301 1B Fielder, Prince 8 22 .328 RF Nady, Xavier 8 18 .294 3B Koskie, Corey 4 12 .291 C Castro, Ramon 1 3 .324 C Miller, Damian 3 18 .330 LF Valentin, Jose 1 6 .206 CF Clark, Brady 1 8 .232 P Martinez, Pedro (5-0, 2.89) P Davis, Doug (2-2, 5.32) 

Quote:
Considering Bill Hall is and will remain the superior player, it's not too bad of a move.

I think we can agree to disagree on this one. Hall's first years in Milwaukee were far worse than what Hardy's first years have been. Hardy's the better player defensively and he has a higher offensive ceiling than Hall (whether he actually reaches that ceiling is another thing altogether.)

Bill Hall is part of the pink bat promotion, so he pretty much has to have plate appearances.

But yeah, I would not mind a CF Hall and SS Hardy setup.

(As I finished this, Bill Kd with the pink bat. Ah well.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived