Brewer Fanatic

09/21/08 Brewers (McClung) at Reds (Arroyo), 12:15 PM CDT

hawing
Or take him out of the lead off spot at least. I would rather see Hart in the lead off spot right now. At least Hart can't kill a rally with no one on so that is a plus.

I wish Dale would switch the lineup here.

Lineup should be:

1. Hart

2. Someone

3. Braun

4. Fielder

5. Hardy

6. Weeks

7. Cameron

8. Kendall

9. Pitcher

I just wish Kapler wouldn't have gotten injured it would have been nice to see him filling in for Hart.

Obviously Cam is struggling right now, but I just do not see the sense of putting Hart in the leadoff spot. He has by far the worst OBP of any regular starter on the team. His OBP is pathetic. At least Cam walks once in a while

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously Cam is struggling right now, but I just do not see the sense of putting Hart in the leadoff spot. He has by far the worst OBP of any regular starter on the team. His OBP is pathetic. At least Cam walks once in a while
I would just like to see Cameron out of the lead off spot at least for awhile now. He looks lost at the plate right now. I would rather see Hart trying to get bunts down at the lead off spot and have him take some pitches instead of picking on the first pitch each time.

I would just like to see Cameron out of the lead off spot at least for awhile now. He looks lost at the plate right now. I would rather see Hart trying to get bunts down at the lead off spot and have him take some pitches instead of picking on the first pitch each time.
I'm not saying that Cam is the answer in the leadoff spot at all. I was just saying that Hart is about the last guy I would put there. I really don't think it matters where you put him in the order - at this point in his career, he swings at everything and gets himself out way too much. I mean the guy is hitting .273 with a .306 OBP. That means he is only getting on about 3% of the time when he doesn't reach on a hit. Thats ridiculous. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he's a leadoff guy. Look at Corey Patterson

Lineup should be:

1. Hart
2. Someone
3. Braun
4. Fielder
5. Hardy
6. Weeks
7. Cameron
8. Kendall
9. Pitcher

I've been waiting for the Brewers to sign Someone. Finally! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

But really, I'm ready to be done with the Cameron-at-leadoff experiment, and I'd like to see what Rickie does outside the 1-spot. So I can get behind this lineup.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

But really, I'm ready to be done with the Cameron-at-leadoff experiment, and I'd like to see what Rickie does outside the 1-spot. So I can get behind this lineup.
Ok, maybe you guys can convince me of how Hart in the leadoff spot would be an upgrade because I just don't see it. Harts OBP = .306 Weeks OBP = .341. Thats a substantial difference.

An extra base hit for Braun!

What a blast it would be to see this team come home ready to bust out and go on a 5-1 roll and see where that leaves us. I'm sure I am in the minority here, but I really like the way Sveum has handled this team so far. He has been put in some tough spots and has made the right calls as far as I'm concerned (with the exception of naming Iorg the 3rd base coach!)

Ok, maybe you guys can convince me of how Hart in the leadoff spot would be an upgrade because I just don't see it. Harts OBP = .306 Weeks OBP = .341. Thats a substantial difference.

An extra base hit for Braun!

I just want to see what Rickie can do outside of the lead off spot. Yesterday he looked real good out of the lead off spot. I know Hart has a horrible OBP but other than Weeks who else would be someone you could put in the lead off spot.

I believe putting Hart in the lead off spot may spark him offensively and get him out of this funk that he is in right now.

I just want to see what Rickie can do outside of the lead off spot. Yesterday he looked real good out of the lead off spot. I know Hart has a horrible OBP but other than Weeks who else would be someone you could put in the lead off spot.

I believe putting Hart in the lead off spot may spark him offensively and get him out of this funk that he is in right now.

All valid points. I too have been saying for quite a while that it would be great to see what Rickie could do when he's in a spot in the lineup where he can just worry about hitting and not the rest of the responsibilities that go with batting leadoff. He obviously won't try to bunt. Maybe you are right about Corey. He needs something to spark him because he simply is not getting it done right now. If Durham is ready to go on tues, I would like to see him leadoff, at least against RHP

Archived