Brewer Fanatic

5/17/06 Phillies (Floyd) @ Brewers (Bush), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, well, I can't defend Yost for leaving Shouse in to face a switch-hitter/righty. He did lose a lot of cred for that in my book.

But my point stands; I bring in Shouse to face Howard in that situation 100 times out of 100.

Let's win this game. Billy Hall anyone?

Community Moderator

I absolutely guarantee that even if Turnbow doesn't get Howard there, that he preserves the win.

Man alive am I pissed.

Apparently everyone except the Brewers' coaching staff knew that Turnbow was the way to go.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but why is everyone worried about Turnbow's "head"?

Is he a mental case that's going to fall apart at the seams because of this? I'd hope not, he's a grown adult who plays a game at the highest level, and he's out there to get a job done. Right or wrong to take him out, he wasn't getting the job done. I'm more worried about winning than not hurting people's feelings.

/me punches wall. That was unreal. Pull Turnbow? When he only needs one more out? And still has a two run lead????

"boob" was the right word for Yost there. He sees a lefty coming up and a lightbulb goes off, "I got a guy in the pen who'll make this an automatic out! I don't care the situation!!"

Jeepers gall darn friggin holy mother ***** junk burgle flickle great googly moogly....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

And of course Bill and Daron Blame the ump.....unreal...I wish we had announcers that were not paid for....I would rather have Stone and Carey.....but we have amos and andy.,...sorry it's true....too much homerism....but I get it..why get fired?.....I am SO PISSED

Well, what does this do for Turnbow's confidence? You bring in a soft tossing pitcher to retire the best hitters on the Phillies instead of the closer who up until a few days ago has been relatively flawless this year? Sometimes Ned's logic baffles me. Why not continue the trend of 9th inning victories....get some runs!

Archived