Brewer Fanatic

9/19/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Ramirez): 6:10 PM CDT ~Postive Vibes IGT~

GormanHarvey

During the conference call I'm on, I checked the score, it was 0-0 and Hairston just led off with a hit. I had to check out some work things, before I clicked back to the game to check on the score I tol myself to expect 1 run.

5 with no outs yet at that time.

Is this where Dandy Don starts singing?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The good news is that if we continue down this path we might actually see the Brewers go out and hire a real major league manager in the offseason.I do
I don't know how people seem to think they know so much about Sveum - give the guy a chance. You ask me, he made all the right moves in Chicago

It's not based upon my opinion of Sveum. It's based on my belief that unless the Brewers make the playoffs and essentially have no choice but to give Dale the job, that Mark A. is going to want to pony up and get a proven winner. Someone who has managed a team to a playoff berth in the past.

Metropolitans already have the lead ... Reyes lead off the game with a HR.

And did Corey Hart really make the All-Star team? The guy's been hitting worse than Counsell/Kendall.

I'd rather watch Bill Hall strike out 6 times in 4 AB than watch Counsell hit. Ugh.

The good news is that if we continue down this path we might actually see the Brewers go out and hire a real major league manager in the offseason.I do
I don't know how people seem to think they know so much about Sveum - give the guy a chance. You ask me, he made all the right moves in Chicago

It's not based upon my opinion of Sveum. It's based on my belief that unless the Brewers make the playoffs and essentially have no choice but to give Dale the job, that Mark A. is going to want to pony up and get a proven winner. Someone who has managed a team to a playoff berth in the past.

My only problem with that is that means the Brewers would be recycling an old manager that got fired somewhere else, which means he was likely making the same mistakes over and over that Yost was. Willie Randolph, for example, would be a horrible hire.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

This smells like another one of those Suppan starts where he labors through a brutal first inning, then throws a shutout for the next 4 or 5 innings. Brian and Bill will end up praising him for "keeping the team in the game" but he'll end up giving up 2 more runs in the 6th and leave the game with a 7-2 deficit or so.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My only problem with that is that means the Brewers would be recycling an old manager that got fired somewhere else, which means he was likely making the same mistakes over and over that Yost was.

Not if that man goes by the name of one Tom Kelly.

Hey, I allowed to dream, aren't I? It's the best medicine for times like these.

Archived