Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

I dont want to get sampled-sized, but it seems pretty clear that dominating AAA means ZERO when you come the big leagues. Eveland and Hendrickson are basically younger versions of Gary Glover and Wes Obermueller. They pretty much just stink. We had high hopes for them in the minors because they dominated, but they clearly dont have the stuff to get big league hitters out.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
I dont want to get sampled-sized, but it seems pretty clear that dominating AAA means ZERO when you come the big leagues.

I think Hamels might take umbrage with that statement.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
If you are going to hammer Yost for last night you have to credit him with a good decision to walk David Bell..

I'll give Yost his due when he makes a good call, but I'm not going to shower him with kudos for making an obvious call.

Archived