Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Eveland's 37 or so innings of work in the majors proves he is not big league material. The Brewers should cut him and move on.

I am not saying that Dana does not have a bright future, but it seems pretty clear to me that he's not ready for the big leagues, at least not as a starter. Considering we're trying to make a serious run at contending this year, we need to have someone in there who can at least give us a shot at winning, not someone who gives us a guaranteed loss every 5th day.

Eveland=Designated Rotation Stooge

I wish someone would tell Eveland and Hendrickson that they have to throw strikes and cannot expect to get major leaguers out by throwing junk out of the zone.

Yeah if Yo comes up then he may be the next Nick Neugebauer and never be able to pitch again. Can never rush along you talent, but right now there really isnt any better option than Eveland and Hendrickson.

Eveland will be fine eventually.. the problem is that the Crew can't work him in a number 5 who they can ease in.. with Hendrickson as 5, he is cleary looked on as the number 4. The bigger concern is after 3 years in AAA Hendrickson is still not ready to pitch in the majors.

Quote:
I agree that Eveland is not big leagues material, but umm, who is going to fill that spot in the rotation?

I say give JDLR or Zach J. a shot until Helling comes back, then hand the spot over to him. Any of those three sound like betters options than Eveland to me right now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would think they'd wait for Helling to get off the DL before making any more moves. He'll probably be the next starter in the rotation if they make a change.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
I would think they'd wait for Helling to get off the DL before making any more moves. He'll probably be the next starter in the rotation if they make a change.

So we just deal with having pretty much a guaranteed loss every 5 games? I'm not sure that a 12+ ERA is going to cut it, even in a weakened rotation. Surely De La Rosa or Jackson can do better than that.

There are but two certainties in life, not death and taxes, but:

1.) Soft tossing Brewer pitchers who cannot find the zone.

2.) Undisciplined Brewer batters making it easy on a pitcher by swinging at everything.

At least the Brewers took the first two in the series!

I found this Cole Hamels fact pretty hilarious:

Quote:
With Cole's promotion to the majors, Scranton has been placing a lifesize cardboard cut-out of Cole on the mound every 5 days. It is averaging 13.5 K/9.

Archived