Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

My question is, why was he there? Brewers and the Phillies don't play the Sox this year. Possible trade partners?

Good thing Moeller had a big day at the plate. I honestly didn't realize that we don't play the ChiSox until you mentioned it. Considering both teams were starting young pitchers, the Sox may have wanted to have their major league scouts get a first-hand look at the two of them.

Let the trade rumors commence!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope you don't mind, but i'd like to use that for my sig.. could you give me the exact link to the page that's on so i can quote the actual poster?

There is a link to the site above in the thread... After that, good luck - you're on your own. I'm not going back in there. IIRC, it is around page 37 or so in the 42 page thread.

Quote:
the Sox may have wanted to have their major league scouts get a first-hand look at the two of them.

Yea, he was taking notes about hamels fastball, and a few other people(some brewers, i don't remember who) as well(he muttered as he wrote, i could hear him as he was talking almost right in my ear). Just thought i would put it out here tho, lettin everybody know.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

The Brewers also have to play Phili again next weekend. Before we let our ego get to inflated, and start trolling them mercilessly, might wan't to wait and see how we fare in Phili. I'm sure they can troll with the best of them.

What's amazing is the amount of trolls that claim to be Mets fans. Who knows if they are Crew fans just posing as Mets fans but they are way obnoxious. The start stuff just to piss off the locals, reminds me of the Brewers mlb.com board.

Well, I was at the game today and was quite impressed by the late inning heroics yet again from the Crew. I will man-up and soften my stance from a few days back when I said Jenks doesn't come through in the clutch. He has proven me wrong the last two games and I acknowledge his game winning, timely hits.

All and all, it was a great baseball game to watch. The Phillies young pitcher will be very good and seems to really know how to pitch. To sweep a team like PHI and take two of three from NYM tells me we can swing the bats with the big boys in the NL and should be right there in the thick of things for the forseeable future.

Wow what a fun game to be at, these Brewers are exciting!

Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I even plan to have a few someday. But holy crap, remind me not to have 27,000 and bring them all to a sporting event they know nothing about so they can jump around and scream and just do bonkers kids stuff.

Don't these kids have school?? I figured there'd be like 10-12 thousand total people there today, but they pretty much packed the place.

Anyway, nice sweep!

Don't these kids have school?? I figured there'd be like 10-12 thousand total people there today, but they pretty much packed the place.

This time of year is a popular time for school trips, what with the school year winding down.

I remember going to a Brewers vs. Braves game at County Stadium in 5th grade in May '99 with all the student crossing guards at our school...The bleachers were packed with kids.

off topic, but one of the two (i believe there are 2) border crossings has been shut down here in San Diego due to someone trying to run over a border patrol officer. The person was then shot and now there is traffic backed up into Chula Vista... which is a long long way.

Just tinkering with my sig and i thought i'd post something somewhat interesting.

Darn, I was going to drive down to Tijauna tonight.

Going back a few posts, though, I never implied we were above reproach. However, I will state that on the whole, we are much more civil, and if not, we get our butt spanked.

We have our nattering nabobs of negativity (thank you Spiro) but it is usually kept in check.

As well, if any of our members troll the opposition just to stir up trouble, shame on you. Bad! Bad!

Also, before we get too down on Philly fans, we should note that there are people from this site over there trolling right now.

I know the above comment is not directed at me, but I will respond.

I basically do not participate on their baseball message board. I did leave one comment prior to the series just to answer some questions a few of them had about the Brewers. I left one comment in game threads.

I am there as an Eagles fan and that's it. I do not resort to trolling.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

How is it you are a Brewer fan but not a Packer fan?

It's just one of those things. I've always been an Eagles fan. Don't remember what started it, I was young.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not sure where to mention this, but the Brewers got some nice airtime on BBTN. They showed all of the walkoff win highlights, today's highlights and some nice commentary about the team.

From Phillies IGT:

Quote:
i love uecker...the major league movies are absolutely hysterical, and the guys is just funny to listen to...reminds me of harry caray
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/sick.gif ew.

At the game today, the guy in the row in front of me wouldn't stop complaining. He stormed out in the fifth inning, saying, "This game is boring! Let's go!"

That made the comeback a little sweeter.

Got to give the guy some love for starting the rally.

I even fished my Chad Moeller charity pin (the one that doesn't acknowledge him at all but reads 21) out of my baseball bag at the start of yesterday's game and put it on.

No, Chad, thank YOU.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On that note, it was nice to see that the rally was started by probably the two most-maligned position players on the team, Brady "can't buy a hit" Clark and Bad Chad Moeller.

Just goes to show that everybody's fighting and trying to do their part.

Archived