Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides Jenks, Moeller and T-bow, some real unsung hereos in this one:

Jeff Cirillo: Double set up first run. Single kept 7th alive.

Brady Clark: All he did was get on 4 times.

Lehr, Kolb and Shouse: Shut em down relief.

Kudos too to Eveland who didn't cave in after rough first.

wow swept the Phils and another comeback effort today.

have to love the way this team never gives up.

i really wonder why wise has not be used recently maybe someone can be a dectiiveand find out. great bullpen work today and it bsounds like dana did what was asked of him today. best news Clark and Jenks are heating up and helping this team win.

great win today guys

Elite closers don't burn themselves up getting up and down repeatedly during games like other relievers so theoretically they can throw more pitches..

That's the first time I ever heard that. If anything, I'd assume the opposite regarding endurance.

We just took the hottest team in baseball and swept them

Hot or not, The Philli appeared to have been overperforming and the Brewers underperforming. I calculated that the Brewers had about a 75% chance of taking 2 and about a 30% chance of sweeping. They were nice enough to prove my optimism correct!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Holy guacamole. I leave right after the top of the 7th to go workout and the Brewers end up winning. Chad Moeller for president!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We are mediocre unitl we win something... the division, the wild card, whatever...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

As to Lehr getting props for finally pitching well:

Looking at his splits, he really only had two bad outings, and they're responsible for the majority of his ERA. There are only four outings where he surrendered more than one hit and walk. So, except for two appearances, he's been pretty sharp.

Edit: walk, not run.

Reading that Philli game thread:

* Philli can't hit with RISP

* Philli pitchers always get's owned by the bottom of the order.

* Every Philli opponent sucks and should easily be beaten.

* More whining about leaving too many men on base.

* Philli always blow multiple chances to put a game away.

* Their manager and bullpen sucks.

* Late inning collapses are the norm for them.

* Philli lacks heart.

And on and on. I suppose you could subsititute "philli" for any team that lost today and you would have no idea what team the board is even for!

I read some of their board. A) I'm glad our forum is moderated better than theirs, that is painful to read with all the insults etc. B) I'm very glad we don't allow all the pictures. C) I'm glad we don't have allow play by play one post at a time, that thread was like 3 times as long as it should have been.. D) Every single forum I read other than the Cardinal's seems to think their manager sucks for some reason.

Yeah, I just read the game thread on Philaphans, and it took me over a half an hour. Reading it really gave me an appreciation for the moderators on this site, because there's no way I could stand all of the condescending insults and swears thrown out there freely. Phillies fans are disgraceful.

Before we start throwing stones from glass houses, maybe we should take a gander at some threads over at the Brewers Fan Forum.

There are a lot of moronic Brewer fans too. I'm just glad they aren't allowed here.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Homer, you are correct, the Brewers MLB forum is really populated by Neanderthals (sorrry to any Neanderthals out there).

That is why I like it here. We do get tough at times, but usually in a very civil manner. Thanks to the rules and guidlines set up by Brian and the mods.

What I was amazed at though is I thought perhaps the Phil Phan--or any indepenent site--set up by knowldegable fans would be like Brewerefan. Therfore, it amazed me to read the ugliness on Phil Phan.

For our part, I am glad we all like to keep our site as it is--lively and enjoyable.

True, it is nice to look down at their anger today... but to be fair, I've seen some nasty threads here in my limited time.

That board is a mess (other than that avatar with the ASU uh, "students")

My favorite pieces (and anybody thinking about going over there make sure you have booked 40 minutes of your life to waste... hey, I'm at work....):

He's so good that he may win the Cy and ROY this year.

i love uecker...the major league movies are absolutely hysterical, and the guys is just funny to listen to...reminds me of harry caray

Like I said in another thread, Hamels is throwing to a AAA line-up. Their stats are good, but when faced with a pitcher who has good stuff, forget about it!

GS, your full of ****. I dont care what you say but a team that leads the league in hitting is not a AAA team.

please. are you telling me that Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, Geoff Jenkins and Carlos Lee are AAA players? not to mention freakin Bill Hall

If my AAA lineup consisted of Fielder, Weeks, Jenkins and El Caballo, I would love to see what kind of lineup my MLB team had.

Man. What is it about these Brewers?

somebody go pick up a ****in cheese platter for this board, b/c there is definitely a surplus of wine

OH MY GOD!!!! Manuel just used 4 bench players in 5 minutes.

ned yost watched his team go down 3-0 in the first inning and he sat there smugly b/c he KNEW that his team was playing the phillies and he KNEW we'd find a way to lose it.

I know it frustrating, fellas. But the Brewers really earned that sweep. They're playing great ball.

Also, before we get too down on Philly fans, we should note that there are people from this site over there trolling right now.

Archived