Brewer Fanatic

5/18/06 Phillies (Hamels) @ Brewers (Eveland), 12:05 PM CST

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Maybe you're just joking, but once a pitching change has been made, that pitcher must face at least one batter.

Quote:
You cant. Unless of injury a pitcher must face one batter.

Ah, thanks. Guess that's pretty elementary, but it slipped my mind.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
86 pitches in 5 days... I just don't understand this....

Couple of thoughts:

1. A starting pitcher throws more than 86 pitches in 5 days why not a reliever..

2. Elite closers don't burn themselves up getting up and down repeatedly during games like other relievers so theoretically they can throw more pitches..

3. Turnbow is all lower body so should be more durable

86 pitches in 5 days... I just don't understand this....

That's about the same load as a starter after today is through...it's obvious that Yost is stretching out Turnbow so he can move into the rotation.

OK, snark aside, I would hate to see us burn out a key pitcher in mid-May, particularly when there's another key pitcher in Wise who is lacking work.

So I'm thinking our record just went some considerable distance toward catching up with our pythagorean record in this series?

We just took the hottest team in baseball and swept them, behind what was supposed to be the back of our rotation. Not bad.

Greg.

Archived